Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Haha I got:

Nissan Leaf

Everyone has an awkward cousin. If you don't then that means you're the awkward cousin. Go by yourself a Leaf. It's the face of environmentally-friendly awkward cousins everywhere.

So I'm glad that's sorted!

Registered
Looks like I have been prescribed a Tesla Model S.

That would be a fair combination... @sallybuswell with an i8 and me with a Model S.

Now... anyone got any cunning plans to mean that we can afford spend 拢170,000 on cars in the next year or two? I'm working on it but progress so far is painfully slow :)

Administrator
Tesla Model S
Tony Stark's got nothing on you. Green, fast, stylish and practical, the Tesla Model S is for the individual with the mind of a businessman but the heart of an environmentalist.

:D

But really, only ONE?! :(

Registered
Jeez, Model S is huge isn't it. Just saw it on Daily Politics show now. Parked next to an Outlander phev over Cleggys shoulder. Made the outlander look like a golf buggy!

Registered
Model S is about the size of a Jag XF or perhaps a BMW 5 series. Not huge but bigger than I want for sure.

Administrator
Jeez, Model S is huge isn't it. Just saw it on Daily Politics show now. Parked next to an Outlander phev over Cleggys shoulder. Made the outlander look like a golf buggy!
I think the Model S is one of those design enigmas in that in isolation it looks like a smaller car than it is, because of its relative dimensions and shape... so when you put it next to something else, it looks even bigger than you expect.

I used to get this a lot (in reverse) with the MINI, the original new MINI was shorter than the Ford Ka (first generation Ka), but everyone would go "Oh, it's so HUGE now, it's not a Mini", but then when you put it next to or facing a Ka (or similar) they'd finally see it wasn't at ALL huge by modern (2001) standards, totally threw people. I think the Model S looks smaller than it is, and again when placed in context suddenly your brain goes "wait, what, it's HUGE"...

Essentially the Model S suffers from the automotive version of the Moon Illusion. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts