Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
BP Chargemaster have for a while been touting a huge expansion to to their HPC network

To date they have HPCs at 9 sites, I've seen some installations underway at a couple of sites and have read about many more going in - a wild guesstimate puts it at another 20 sites being underway.

It feels like they are building out a quite considerable network to then switch on one day for some huge PR, or is it just that they've started many installations and they are all waiting for their power connections which can take some time, and they'll start dripping through at some point?

Either way, it's nice they are finally installing multiple units in sensible locations (including MSAs!) , and not single units in hotel car parks.

Registered
BP Chargemaster have for a while been touting a huge expansion to to their HPC network

To date they have HPCs at 9 sites, I've seen some installations underway at a couple of sites and have read about many more going in - a wild guesstimate puts it at another 20 sites being underway.

It feels like they are building out a quite considerable network to then switch on one day for some huge PR, or is it just that they've started many installations and they are all waiting for their power connections which can take some time, and they'll start dripping through at some point?

Either way, it's nice they are finally installing multiple units in sensible locations (including MSAs!) , and not single units in hotel car parks.
I suspect that they will switch them on individually as soon as each site is up and running, to start cash generation.

Their marketing guys won't pay any attention to reality on the ground in any case馃榿

Premium Member
It is great they are installing more, but personally I am not keen on stopping to charge at petrol stations, so IMO a shame that seems to be the focus now. (In normal world) I prefer somewhere with proper indoor/outdoor seating, facilities, no diesel smell and decent coffee. I guess useful as a backup, but certainly not my first choice. Probably fine for the stay-in-car-with-flask drivers ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts