Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
It's been a long time since I posted, probably because has been so good with very few problems. Now running goodyear assymetrics much better than bridgestones. I've now nearly 40000 mikles up so needing big service and DSG oil change:eek:. Anyhow to the point. Just before lock down I'd had a few times when I went to the car and it didn't seem to have charged despite being plugged in and drivetrain hybrid error message came up. Car seemed to drive ok and after a few on/off episodes the message would clear. The other thing was it would sometimes say "can't start car as charging lead plugged in" when it was clearly hanging on the wall. ( think maybe the locking pin is a bit dodgy). Anyhow left the car in Agnews and they had it for a week and then Lockdown happened. They got no error codes and said all was ok . They suggested trying granny lead for a while in case charger was at fault and they suggested contacting podpoint. I said car had done this with granny lead and public chargers as well, but they said try anyway. It behaved fine for most of lockdown ( as a keyhealthcare worker it was used plenty) However twice in the past week It has been charging overnight and battery has been full, but when I go in the morning I get the error message and charge has dropped to 2 miles ! this happened the next day as well. I'd plug car in, it would be charging fine and later on charge appeared to have vanished. Any ideas ??!! cos I'd love to be able to give the garage a few hints. BTW Car is otherwise great. I'm just back from a 135 mile drive through storm francis. Starting with an empty battery It averaged 46.3 mpg and 17% zero emission at 50 mph average. It is mostly m/way dual carriageway but still pretty good I thought.
Hope you're all doing good. Anyone else for a Mark 8 with 245 bhp and maybe an estate?
Roge

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm assuming your GTE is getting on for 3 years old. First thing that comes to mind is:

If its not already been done, Get the 12v battery in the boot checked out first. I bet whilst it was in at the dealers they had their battery charger connected whilst doing any diagnostics. In which case non of the black boxes would be complaining, Its just a thought.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked them that and they said first thing they did was check the 12v battery . I got a warning on it once. They said it was ok.thx

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hybrid error on my car was down to water getting into the HV battery (known fault.) This was covered under the 8yr/100k mile battery warranty.

I was not able to charge my car either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts