Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was on my way home from shop driving my Golf GTE when out of nowhere an error message poped - Hybrid system error stop. And i was scared at first so i stoped turned off the car. I started again and nothing then after 5 mins of driving i got The same message. Which made me confused bcs The car is driving just fine... so now i dont know what to do... should I head to The nearest VW service ? Is it safe to drive with it ?
Any reasonable answer will be helpfull.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It is definitely "Hybrid error STOP" and not "Hybrid error - Visit Workshop" ?

Does the error persist on the display with the red triangle permanently, or does it go away quickly.

If it persists and it is STOP, I say listen to the car! Continuing to drive may lead to damage to drive components.
If it says VISIT WORKSHOP, then you should be able to drive with caution. However, my car cut out while driving with this error.

If you have a code-scanner you can potentially diagnose the issue.

VW has an active recall campaign on the hybrid battery pack. When water gets into the pack it can cause a HYBRID ERROR. They replace the battery pack if this has occurred. (I am not sure if they replace it if it has exceeded the warranty.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you reply. The error said Hybrid System Error Stop. And now it shows up seconds after i start The car unfortunately. This morning I called my friend who works in a VW said to me That i should head to VW service ASAP bcs it could cause a fire in my car! So yeah pretty sad News to start my morning but atleast i still have my varranty on The car.
But im still waiting for him to tell me how long the car will be in VW workshop.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,002 Posts
The only time I saw that error message on my car was when the 12v battery was on its way out.

Not saying it isn’t a more serious problem, but worth checking the easier stuff as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had already changed my 12v and after that i had 0 issues. Well until now. 😔

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
5,002 Posts
I had already changed my 12v and after that i had 0 issues. Well until now. 😔
It could just be a software issue too, I had to clear mine with VCDS after it occurred, and it never returned.

As you’ve got a warranty though, best to utilise it! You might even end up with a new battery. 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got home from The workshop where i left my Golf and they told me that they will change The battery for a new one and The car will be The for About a month

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sounds like another 93C9 problem then, water in the battery pack.
Must have cost VW a fortune!

Make sure you get a loaner car while they are fixing yours as the month will quickly get longer if the workshop has not much HV experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes somehow water got to The battery 🤷‍♂️. Wich is weird since there was no rain recently and we didnt go to carwash either. Luckily my Dads friends works there so i hope it wont take that long. asked him About spare car but he said that they cant to lend me a spare one bcs they dont have even one 😒.
Even if they wont lend me one luckily i still have a spare one aswell.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The problem is the battery packs are not sealed correctly at the factory. It is only a matter of time.
Across Europe VW has been sending recall notices out to owners to fix this problem, maybe they have not yet done that campaign for Slovakia.
If they do not get onto this quickly enough then water gets into the pack causing a failure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its interesting how they dont seal The battery properly. And About that campaing im not aware that its being dome in Slovakia cause there are 2 Gte registered in Slovakia 😅.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This website may help you, its the Australian vw site but seems to work with any VIN

Its worth putting a VIN in to see if there's any outstanding recalls, worked with my UK car anyway

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
cause there are 2 Gte registered in Slovakia
This could be a concern with regards to getting the work done.
In the U.K. this recall can only be done by a small number of dealers who have the necessary trained people and the tooling required for this type of rework.
Given the much greater numbers of GTE’s sold in the U.K. and the numbers reworked now, the battery removal and inspection and rectification work can be achieved in only a couple of days.
I worry you could be in for a long wait for your car given the small numbers of GTE’s in your country.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Perhaps replacing the battery in its entirety is easier than doing the casing repair.
It still needs a HV technician and tools, though. One would hope VW is gearing up for that with ID3 sales across Europe.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Perhaps replacing the battery in its entirety is easier than doing the casing repair.
It still needs a HV technician and tools, though. One would hope VW is gearing up for that with ID3 sales across Europe.
I agree, but I can’t see it being a quick fix though.
I would be really concerned if it was my car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts