Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Passat GTE is just over 2 years old and has occasionally flashed up "Hybrid Fault - Workshop" but the cause was never determined by the dealer. Three weeks ago it was giving these warnings almost every couple of seconds and switching to petrol engine only, wouldn't switch back to electric when this occurs. After a few miles it changed to a red "12v battery not charging - pull over". The VW assistant tech declared it was showing DC to DC inverter fault and so it was trucked to the dealer.
Three weeks later it is still at the dealer who has been unable to determine the cause of the fault.
Anybody else experienced this problem?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Not the exact fault but my Golf GTE was in for more than 7 weeks while they got a German technician flown over to have a look at my car. It needed a new hybrid battery, which was covered under the warranty.

It seems the UK garages are pretty clueless when it comes to EVs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I am considering buying a used Passat GTE and just out of interest was this fault covered on your 3 year VW Warranty or the 8 year GTE Warranty?

Many thanks

Adam

·
Registered
707 Posts
Adam, if you are curious about my car, it was covered under the 8 year battery warranty as the fault was with the HV battery.

Any other faults outside of the battery will be covered under the normal 3 year warranty. However there may be an aspect of good-will as VW has replaced gearboxes, mechatronic units etc outside of this warranty period on GTEs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts