Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That being said, we are able to release the beta to users in private access mode should any be interested. Everything that's critical is already heavily tested, yet there may be the occasional small quick that is still getting polished.
Hi Flavian

Would be great to get in on the beta if at all possible? Happy to provide feedback etc!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Todor @Leemo App is already in beta, we're expecting it to be in App Store before the end of this month. We are using it at the factory all the time now. @Leemo Web dashboard v3 will also be out very soon, a completely revamped experience, so you can enjoy a webapp that looks just as good as your charger!

That being said, we are able to release the beta to users in private access mode should any be interested. Everything that's critical is already heavily tested, yet there may be the occasional small quick that is still getting polished.

@Todor I am the founder of Hypervolt, and I will say out of 1000s of customers, 99.9% of our customers never need to reach out for anything, the charger will do what it needs to do. We have 5-star reviews throughout, and even though not many as we are a newer company, we work very very hard to keep that true.

You have mainland support, and you can even talk directly to me as the CEO personally, here or otherwise should you ever have questions or in the highly unlikely event that you experience any problems at all. Unlike the competition, we will be around 2AM on Sunday morning to take care of things, and we'd probably be busy working on the next feature even if the phone wouldn't ring, and that's the major thing Hypervolt can offer you that perhaps few others can, we take it all very seriously, both the engineering and support.

We hope this helps with your decision, and should you decide to go for us, we're looking forward to your Instagram post of your beautiful new Hypervolt Charger!

Regards,
Flavian
Hi Flavian, great to see your post on here. I had my hypervolt unit fitted last wednesday.its charging at a great speed but I noted a low humm as well as the bright blue light. Any idea on non-charging energy consumption? Can i just switch the whole thing off, when its not in use? Thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Flavian, great to see your post on here. I had my hypervolt unit fitted last wednesday.its charging at a great speed but I noted a low humm as well as the bright blue light. Any idea on non-charging energy consumption? Can i just switch the whole thing off, when its not in use? Thx
Hi Will,

You can turn off the lights or reduce brightness from the dashboard, and soon from the mobile app, being tested for final pre-launch checks as we speak.

In a later release, we'll introduce a night mode setting that works on a schedule.

Power consumption on the LEDs is extremely low, but you can be a better judge of that:

At 100% brightness, you're looking at 4 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(4 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = £4.9056, so a fiver a year.

At 50% brightness, you're looking at 2 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(2 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = ~£2.45 a year

At 25% brightness, you're looking at 2 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(1 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = ~£1.225 a year

The humm has been resolved now, a new OTA firmware release will completely fix it. We are still testing it heavily and we expect full deployment to all our customers in less than 2 weeks!

Regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Flavian

Would be great to get in on the beta if at all possible? Happy to provide feedback etc!

Thanks
Hi Leemo,

Please get in touch with me directly at [email protected] with your iCloud email address or Google account address. We only require your email and nothing else.

The iOS app is now under review with Apple, and we expect it will be available in the AppStore within days. I have not forgotten your request, we just have better news, it's going live for all our users. It works with both iPhones and iPads at full-screen resolution.

There are a huge array of upcoming features over the next few weeks, combined with a new web dashboard and a lot of awesome stuff we hope you will really like, but please feel free to write to me directly if you have feedback, and especially if there are things that are clumsy or you dislike!

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi Leemo,

Please get in touch with me directly at [email protected] with your iCloud email address or Google account address. We only require your email and nothing else.

The iOS app is now under review with Apple, and we expect it will be available in the AppStore within days. I have not forgotten your request, we just have better news, it's going live for all our users. It works with both iPhones and iPads at full-screen resolution.

There are a huge array of upcoming features over the next few weeks, combined with a new web dashboard and a lot of awesome stuff we hope you will really like, but please feel free to write to me directly if you have feedback, and especially if there are things that are clumsy or you dislike!

Regards,
Thank you for that - with it being released on the App Store soon I’ll just wait for that. It’s great that you’re so receptive to feedback. Looking forward to seeing the app!

·
Registered
iD.3 Family, Moonstone Grey. (On order)
204 Posts
Well done all involved. Another great charger to the marketplace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Flavian, I will add your charger to my shortlist for later in the year. It sounds just what i will require. Do you have a Technical spec. i:e casing dimension's ect

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have a rough date that you expect new colour schemes to be available? I'm in the process of looking into EV chargers and I'd be very interested in the matt grey/black variant.
Hi!
We're expecting our other colours to join the range Q4 this year :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Flavian, I will add your charger to my shortlist for later in the year. It sounds just what i will require. Do you have a Technical spec. i:e casing dimension's ect
Good Afternoon,
that's what we like to hear!
You'll find everything you need from a technical standpoint here: Hypervolt Home 2.0 Tech
when you're ready to take things to the next step please feel free to get in touch.

Any questions let me know,

All the best,
Cesare

·
Registered
1 Posts

@Ascot17 there is a matt grey/black variant coming out very soon! Many people really love the look of our units, but we can definitely understand why not everyone would be pleased with the white color. Hold on tight and new color schemes will be available very soon!

Any other questions you may have, I am at your disposal!
hey there any chance of the black version coming out soon? I just scheduled a podpoint install but id love this in black

edit: nevermind I just saw previous that its out in Q4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

Just an update on this in case anyone is interested or other people come looking for info on this charger... as there’s hardly anything out there about it at the moment.

Install was done this morning - by Simon at Green Leaf EV in Birmingham, would defo recommend - and I’m really chuffed with how clean and simple it looks. He managed to get all the cabling into the wall cavity and hide everything else in the meter box. Couldn’t be neater!

Works great with my ID3 from my limited testing this morning (even with the ‘preferred hours’ options on the car software that some people have had issues with on other charger combinations).

The app for the charger is due out later this month, so at the moment there’s a simple little config site where you can see your usage and set the hours you’d like to charge - and yes, change the brightness of the lights!

But yes - really pleased so far.

View attachment 141851 View attachment 141853

·
Registered
11 Posts
Flavian , I noticed Leemo said his installation was installed directly from the main meter box, and not from the consumer fuse cabinet. Is that a typical installation, If so it would make my installation a lot neater
Hi!
It's something to be discussed with the installer, have you got one lined up to do the work already? It's worth mentioning it to them :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Will,

You can turn off the lights or reduce brightness from the dashboard, and soon from the mobile app, being tested for final pre-launch checks as we speak.

In a later release, we'll introduce a night mode setting that works on a schedule.

Power consumption on the LEDs is extremely low, but you can be a better judge of that:

At 100% brightness, you're looking at 4 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(4 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = £4.9056, so a fiver a year.

At 50% brightness, you're looking at 2 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(2 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = ~£2.45 a year

At 25% brightness, you're looking at 2 watt-hour consumption, giving you an early figure of:
=(1 watt-hours * 24 hours per day * 365 days per year) / 1000 * £0.14(let's assume energy tariff) = ~£1.225 a year

The humm has been resolved now, a new OTA firmware release will completely fix it. We are still testing it heavily and we expect full deployment to all our customers in less than 2 weeks!

Regards,
Hi, I note my unit still has the hum. Will the firmware update release remotely, when available?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,638 Posts
TBH, had huge hopes with this charger, that is why I went with it. But I'm now fairly disappointed both with the unit and the company.

I've had the charger installed for close to 3 weeks now. Since installation, it has had only issues. Started by "load protection", I'm not sure if this is the correct term. But the charger will start charging at 7kW and within 15min will be down to 2kW. At least the company support fixed this in an OTA. But that highlighted another problem that I hadn't noticed yet. The charger can't maintain internet connection. Need to restart it if I want to connect. I actually moved my router just on the inside of the charger wall. Still, the charger will not maintain connection. Support gave up after a couple of tries to fix it but now are ignoring my emails. So, at the moment I have a dumb charger, without any connectivity. At least it charges at 7kW. But I think that is breaking the rules of the grant?

I know that they are here, @Cesare M and @Flavian Alexandru , so consider this another attempt from me to get this resolved.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts