Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
TBH, had huge hopes with this charger, that is why I went with it. But I'm now fairly disappointed both with the unit and the company.

I've had the charger installed for close to 3 weeks now. Since installation, it has had only issues. Started by "load protection", I'm not sure if this is the correct term. But the charger will start charging at 7kW and within 15min will be down to 2kW. At least the company support fixed this in an OTA. But that highlighted another problem that I hadn't noticed yet. The charger can't maintain internet connection. Need to restart it if I want to connect. I actually moved my router just on the inside of the charger wall. Still, the charger will not maintain connection. Support gave up after a couple of tries to fix it but now are ignoring my emails. So, at the moment I have a dumb charger, without any connectivity. At least it charges at 7kW. But I think that is breaking the rules of the grant?

I know that they are here, @Cesare M and @Flavian Alexandru , so consider this another attempt from me to get this resolved.
Good Morning Todor,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still having issues and we weren't able to fix it first time around, for that I can only apologise.
We keep our customers at the heart of everything we do so I promise we would never intentionally ignore your emails, I'll look into this personally to find out what's going on in that regard.
With regards to the connectivity issues, I know our support and dev team have released a number of patches and fixes to the mobile app, in one instance almost a total re-write which was pushed through this week. I'll make sure you get a phone call today from my colleagues to go through the issues and make sure your Hypervolt is charging as intended ASAP.
Thank you for bearing with us, I can't stress enough how important the continued satisfaction of customers like yourself is to us and we'll work hard to resolve this for you.

All the best,
Cesare

·
Registered
7 Posts
TBH, had huge hopes with this charger, that is why I went with it. But I'm now fairly disappointed both with the unit and the company.

I've had the charger installed for close to 3 weeks now. Since installation, it has had only issues. Started by "load protection", I'm not sure if this is the correct term. But the charger will start charging at 7kW and within 15min will be down to 2kW. At least the company support fixed this in an OTA. But that highlighted another problem that I hadn't noticed yet. The charger can't maintain internet connection. Need to restart it if I want to connect. I actually moved my router just on the inside of the charger wall. Still, the charger will not maintain connection. Support gave up after a couple of tries to fix it but now are ignoring my emails. So, at the moment I have a dumb charger, without any connectivity. At least it charges at 7kW. But I think that is breaking the rules of the grant?

I know that they are here, @Cesare M and @Flavian Alexandru , so consider this another attempt from me to get this resolved.
Hi Todor,

Very sorry you are disappointed with your experience!

Our team did reply to you, we have investigated your problem and it is to do with the fact that you are using a mobile SIM as a broadband, which has a fixed device limit, and we are being limited by CG NAT punching that mobile networks do by default very aggressively to prevent the maximum number of simultaneous connections and rate limit/control usage.

We suggested to do a meeting with you, apologies that has yet to happened, the only person remotely experienced enough to have that deep understanding of networks is unfortunately on holiday until Monday, but we will follow up to look for alternatives. However, it is possible there may be no way around CG NAT punching and O2 networking basically kicking out some devices because they exceed quota.

Regards,
Flavian

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,503 Posts
Hi Todor,

Very sorry you are disappointed with your experience!

Our team did reply to you, we have investigated your problem and it is to do with the fact that you are using a mobile SIM as a broadband, which has a fixed device limit, and we are being limited by CG NAT punching that mobile networks do by default very aggressively to prevent the maximum number of simultaneous connections and rate limit/control usage.

We suggested to do a meeting with you, apologies that has yet to happened, the only person remotely experienced enough to have that deep understanding of networks is unfortunately on holiday until Monday, but we will follow up to look for alternatives. However, it is possible there may be no way around CG NAT punching and O2 networking basically kicking out some devices because they exceed quota.

Regards,
Flavian
Hi Flavian,

Ok, the mobile broadband ISP can be the reason, but it doesn't seem to affect any of the other devices on my network. If there is a limit on devices/connections from my ISP, please give me a number and it is an easy test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm currently open minded on the best charger for my IONIQ. Is there a spec sheet for the Hypervolt unit?
One thing that interests me is Integration with my existing solar array.
I've been quoted for a unit that has options for charge from solar only, normal when solar isn't available, or fast charge regardless of supply.
How does the Hypervolt work in this regard?
Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all, I'm currently open minded on the best charger for my IONIQ. Is there a spec sheet for the Hypervolt unit?
One thing that interests me is Integration with my existing solar array.
I've been quoted for a unit that has options for charge from solar only, normal when solar isn't available, or fast charge regardless of supply.
How does the Hypervolt work in this regard?
Thanks.
Hi Dunney,

There sure is, here's the spec sheet: Home 2.0 Tech Sheet - it doesn't include the latest features (solar & Load balancing) but the rest is all up to date.
Our solar options will work almost like that, your solar array will need to generate at least 1.4kw in order for it to register and charge the car on it's own (solar only option), second option will be trickle solar which is available if your solar array is producing less than 1.4kw, it'll then 'top up' from the grid so you're not wasting any solar power generated.
Final option will be fast solar charging, whatever your solar produces up to 7kw, topped up by the grid to charge at max.

I hope this is all clear, you're welcome to dm if you need further information.

Best,
Cesare

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dunney,

There sure is, here's the spec sheet: Home 2.0 Tech Sheet - it doesn't include the latest features (solar & Load balancing) but the rest is all up to date.
Our solar options will work almost like that, your solar array will need to generate at least 1.4kw in order for it to register and charge the car on it's own (solar only option), second option will be trickle solar which is available if your solar array is producing less than 1.4kw, it'll then 'top up' from the grid so you're not wasting any solar power generated.
Final option will be fast solar charging, whatever your solar produces up to 7kw, topped up by the grid to charge at max.

I hope this is all clear, you're welcome to dm if you need further information.

Best,
Cesare
Thanks Cesare, the solar integration seems exactly what I was looking for, so the Hypervolt is an interesting option. When is the grey one likely to be available?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Flavian,

Ok, the mobile broadband ISP can be the reason, but it doesn't seem to affect any of the other devices on my network. If there is a limit on devices/connections from my ISP, please give me a number and it is an easy test.
If it’s a problem with CG-NAT then that’s not an easy fix - you either have to move to a mobile broadband provider who can offer a fixed or dynamic public IP address (many simply do not offer this) or add an optional service from the likes of Andrews and Arnold to work around it…

To be clear, CG-NAT is an issue caused by your mobile ISP provider, and means your internet connection has a private external address that sits within your providers network, rather than a public-facing IP address like most “normal” ISPs, and prevents direct access to your router from across the internet. This issue affects many services that require remote access connection over the internet too.

It’s a similar issue that was experienced by BT broadband users when BT started to run out of IPV4 addresses so implemented this kind of solution for its residential broadband service. So it’s not just an issue for mobile broadband users.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,503 Posts
If it’s a problem with CG-NAT then that’s not an easy fix - you either have to move to a mobile broadband provider who can offer a fixed or dynamic public IP address (many simply do not offer this) or add an optional service from the likes of Andrews and Arnold to work around it…

To be clear, CG-NAT is an issue caused by your mobile ISP provider, and means your internet connection has a private external address that sits within your providers network, rather than a public-facing IP address like most “normal” ISPs, and prevents direct access to your router from across the internet. This issue affects many services that require remote access connection over the internet too.

It’s a similar issue that was experienced by BT broadband users when BT started to run out of IPV4 addresses so implemented this kind of solution for its residential broadband service. So it’s not just an issue for mobile broadband users.
I understand that.

There are a few things with this CG-NAT theory that are making it non-sense:
  • I have a number of devices that are remotely accessible with my current provider. No issues. No drop-outs.
  • After installation, the charger was able to get online. It became accessible for 15-20 min. Then lost connection.
  • And the simple fact is that the charger can't maintain connection to my router. I can't even access it anymore (after a restart). The charger never makes an Internet connection and the router is still serving more than 4 other devices.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just for everyone's sake, it was not CG NAT, it is a router invalidly assigning IPV6 addresses that makes our software unhappy. We are working very hard to fix it, and have sent @Todor a free extender, so he can get online while we digest through all of this, and fix the underlying issue causing the connection drop. It's not easy to please all routers and models and quite frankly various implementation bugs, but we'll get there very fast.

This is fortunately a very isolated event, we've only seen a TPLink router model and @Todor's router doing nasty things to our underlying software stack. There may be more out there, we're buying them as fast as field reports come in and testing with them directly to make sure things go well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everyone watch o YouTube video all about this charger last night for Artistan Electric loads of info very good video think the chaps name is Jordan does some really interesting videos on that channel he does
It looks very much like the zappi May be a bit cheaper but don’t think it does the solar side like zappi does but if you have no solar might be for you
Les
Videos called is this the future of electric charging

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,116 Posts
Hi everyone watch o YouTube video all about this charger last night for Artistan Electric loads of info very good video think the chaps name is Jordan does some really interesting videos on that channel he does
It looks very much like the zappi May be a bit cheaper but don’t think it does the solar side like zappi does but if you have no solar might be for you
Les
Videos called is this the future of electric charging
FYI - Jordan is a member of SpeakEV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, I'm new to EV's and, the Hypervolt looks like a good solution to me. Can anyone recommend an installer of them so I can get a quote? I'm in the Newbury/Reading area, southern UK if that helps.

Kind regards,
Marcus

·
Registered
1 Posts
@Todor @Leemo App is already in beta, we're expecting it to be in App Store before the end of this month. We are using it at the factory all the time now. @Leemo Web dashboard v3 will also be out very soon, a completely revamped experience, so you can enjoy a webapp that looks just as good as your charger!

That being said, we are able to release the beta to users in private access mode should any be interested. Everything that's critical is already heavily tested, yet there may be the occasional small quick that is still getting polished.

@Todor I am the founder of Hypervolt, and I will say out of 1000s of customers, 99.9% of our customers never need to reach out for anything, the charger will do what it needs to do. We have 5-star reviews throughout, and even though not many as we are a newer company, we work very very hard to keep that true.

You have mainland support, and you can even talk directly to me as the CEO personally, here or otherwise should you ever have questions or in the highly unlikely event that you experience any problems at all. Unlike the competition, we will be around 2AM on Sunday morning to take care of things, and we'd probably be busy working on the next feature even if the phone wouldn't ring, and that's the major thing Hypervolt can offer you that perhaps few others can, we take it all very seriously, both the engineering and support.

We hope this helps with your decision, and should you decide to go for us, we're looking forward to your Instagram post of your beautiful new Hypervolt Charger!

Regards,
Flavian
Hi Flavian. Do you have any plans to have a built in RCD Type A protection like zappi? To avoid having to put a Matt:E device (or similar) in? Also, Wi-fi or RF CT clamps?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hi Flavian. Do you have any plans to have a built in RCD Type A protection like zappi? To avoid having to put a Matt:E device (or similar) in? Also, Wi-fi or RF CT clamps?
You're misunderstanding - the Matt:e provides PEN fault protection, not RCD protection. This EVSE does include the former.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts