Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai Ioniq All electric Premium SE in Polar White.

Reluctantly a change in working circumstances means we no longer need 2 cars.

We bought this new in April 2018 and have just reached 6500 miles. First service done and software updates all loaded.
This is the SE model with (nearly) everything on it you could possibly think of, and probably more! In addition it has the Gen3 paint and fabric protection, and a 3 year prepaid service plan.

Comes with both standard charging cables, all documentation etc.

Asking price £25,500.

More pics to come, any questions - please ask!

Hyundai Ioniq (3).jpg Hyundai Ioniq (6).jpg

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
449 Posts
Would love to buy but I need to buy any car I would like on finance so I am out which is a shame.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, not sold yet, we had not advertised it anywhere else as we are not in a hurry - we are playing Tesla delivery roulette!

That said, we are in a position to sell now.

Current mileage is now 8500.

The fan cooled seats are a Godsend at the moment, I thought they were a novelty before we got them but really appreciate that feature now. Average power use is 5 miles per kWh.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not sure how much you paid but many here on speak EV put a deposit on MG ZS EV.
It's bigger, faster, has nearly 80% more battery and 50% range and it's new.
Still costs £3000 less than your asking price.
In fact your asking price is higher than the price of the car when new without the VAT (I can have VAT back so really your car costs me more than a brand new Ioniq, with 0 previous owners and 8000 less miles on a clock).
Is there any reason why your price is that high?
Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm not sure how much you paid but many here on speak EV put a deposit on MG ZS EV.
In fact your asking price is higher than the price of the car when new without the VAT (I can have VAT back so really your car costs me more than a brand new Ioniq, with 0 previous owners and 8000 less miles on a clock).
Thanks.
m
This sounds similar to the other Hyundai post about the most expensive Kona,
On one of the posts I'm sure someone 'corrected' a post to 'greed', it's probably not that here, but either way these post have help highlight the sale of this vehicle 😇

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks.
I don't believe VAT is refundable on a new car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The market dictates prices @CarbZeroPete - take a look at the asking prices on Auto trader. I don't think my asking price is excessive, and I am not Greedy, but like everyone, will try to get the best price I can for it.

The MG will have a demand as it has an attractive price point, and when numbers are available they will sell. Real world range of the MG is unlikely to be significantly more than the Ioniq according to reviews, and build quality may be an issue at the price point, I hope not though as I welcome all newcomers into the EV market.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still for sale!

Current mileage 10,000

Now also on Autotrader - will accept £24000 from a Speakev member.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are some quite good Youtube vids looking at the 'new' Ioniq and its range, which do seem a bit disappointing. I would thoroughly recommend the Ioniq especially in the Premium SE version as it has a very high spec. Things we did not think we actually 'needed' have proved useful 'nice to haves', such a heating steering wheel, rear crossing traffic alert, fan cooled seats. Oh, and unlike the Tesla, it has a reasonable paint finish!!
Sadly now sold, so will try to update the banner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts