Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can totally understand why it is sold out already, you only need to look at the rising demand for BEV's, and even more so these SUV type things people seem to think are amazing for popping to the shops in. However, as seen you could easily reserve one of these, have it delivered, drive it for 6 months and lose virtually nothing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like it has been taken down already. Seemed to be ‘sold out’ within an hour
Sold out in less than 5 minutes from the official launch time.
The page was available earlier than the 7:30 time and, if their dealer selection page wasn't rubbish, I might have had a shot at getting one :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Hyundai UK website still states the launch debut is at 7:30am and 'soon' you will be able to reserve one of the first 3000. It's no good if they don't update their own web page. Or is it because I don't use Twitter or Instagram?

Still, I'm sure it will be possible to get one when they all go on the second hand market at 50% more than the auto bots bought them online for.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
View attachment 141146 Don’t know why manufacturers are still launching cars with this cap on a bit of a string solution. They’ve got a fancy motorised flap and then underneath a flimsy cap on a bit of plastic string that just hangs down on the metal work like a dag.
Cheap to replace though. Speak to any Zoe owners who have faced a replacement cost from the more sophisticated cap on hinge system, they would rather pay £10 for a cap on a string.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
2,436 Posts
That’s true — hadn’t heard about the Zoe cap issues. Ideally though there wouldn’t be any internal cap at all — just an external flap with sufficient sealing to the job on its own.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Overall, I really like it. I am not in the market for the next EV until next year, but this looks like the car to do it all, especially when the charging networks catch up and deliver the promised rates. Size and boot look good. Brave design and Hyundai/Kia have a proven track record in the EV marker, so good luck to them.

Reactions: finchlean

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cheap to replace though. Speak to any Zoe owners who have faced a replacement cost from the more sophisticated cap on hinge system, they would rather pay £10 for a cap on a string.
EVs need far more cheap to replace items for longevity, many cars are far too complex to maintain / repair. Often for failed critical components like a capacitor which can render a vehicle useless.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Probably doubles up as a microwave that can also roast a turkey in! While that's going, you plug the coffee maker into the mains outlet and relax! :)

Reactions: tanelv and gman

·
Registered
514 Posts
Some of the press launch photos are showing normal wing mirrors, other the cameras. Hopefully the cameras are top trim and there will be base trims with normal mirrors.

I wonder if the UK trim spec will include the towing capacity. Kona can tow elsewhere but Hyundai UK didn't bother with type approval. Might be same again.

Base trim Enyaq looks to be a lot cheaper and can tow trailers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think the normal mirrors are for the US market, as I believe I read that cameras for mirrors aren't legal over there are this time.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Not crazy about the camera mirrors, (imagine the replacement cost if a car passing while you're parked squeezes a bit too close to you and rips the thing off) and I'm not an SUV fan but it's an interesting design all the same, and I look forward to seeing what they do with other cars in the new range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not crazy about the camera mirrors, (imagine the replacement cost if a car passing while you're parked squeezes a bit too close to you and rips the thing off) and I'm not an SUV fan but it's an interesting design all the same, and I look forward to seeing what they do with other cars in the new range.
The camera mirrors are located inside the doors aren't they? There will be a discreet camera pointing out externally but not in a position it can get ripped off by a close pass.

In some images as mentioned above there are conventional mirrors but these seem to be for the US market where camera mirrors aren't legal.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,558 Posts
On behalf of front seat passengers //// How do they [ fully ] open it ??!?!?!

Granted if I am on my Tod and I want somewhere useful to put my huge Burger King bag to have within reach whilst stopped on the M6 in a jam, yes , useful.
Or those who take their cat/very small dog with them

·
2,436 Posts
On behalf of front seat passengers //// How do they [ fully ] open it ??!?!?!

Granted if I am on my Tod and I want somewhere useful to put my huge Burger King bag to have within reach whilst stopped on the M6 in a jam, yes , useful.
Or those who take their cat/very small dog with them
Front seat passenger simply takes advantage of the "flexible living space" and slides his/her seat back, and in turn the rear seat passenger slides their seat back, and in turn someone’s luggage gets automatically ejected from the boot... it’s all about being flexible

·
2,436 Posts
LOL - one of the features they specifically mention is the key slot in the door.... so you don’t need to worry if (when) the 12V battery dies..

And if you want to help avoid a flat 12V, you can option the solar roof!

Erm....maybe just sort out the electronics so that the 12V doesn’t randomly drain!

81 - 100 of 178 Posts