Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
IONIQForum.com- The Largest Hyundai IONIQ Forum And Community!

I have done a few test runs in the IONIQ Electric now and thought it might be easier to just list them in a single post as opposed to being jotted over different threads. In general my daily roundtrip is 100 miles - of this 22 on the motorway and the rest on A and B roads.

In doing this runs I have set the adaptive cruise to a speed and then either gone at that speed or if there is no way to over take just sat with the traffic so I think they can be considered as a normal driving style.

The temperature has never risen above 5C while doing this and has dropped below 0 a couple of times so the heating has always been on at 22C and the heated seats & steering wheel generally turned on.

Cruise set to 70mph - total range 110 miles
Cruise set to 60mph - total range 125 miles
Cruise set to 55mph - total range 130 miles

Now I need to try a different approach, knock it into sport, floor it and see if I can still get home and back.

Update - Just did a run with no care for how far my right foot went to the floor, it was on track to do the 92 miles I needed but with 20 miles to go and range saying 20 miles left I got nervous and slowed it down to 60 getting back with 12 miles to spare so maybe didn't need to. Similar style of driving in the Zoe (22kW) would normally yield about 50-55 miles range and the Zoe wont go as quick as the IONIQ.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for this.
Any idea how accurate the speedo is? Does 70 equal 63 like it would in the Leaf or a more normal 68ish?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Pretty impressive.
Seems like at least 10% more efficient than a LEAF.
Easy to compare with the 30kWh LEAF as the usable battery capacity is almost identical.

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea how accurate the speedo is? Does 70 equal 63 like it would in the Leaf or a more normal 68ish?
What iOS app would you recommend for checking and I will find out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems very encouraging. Thanks for testing and sharing.
Fingers crossed they can price leases and pcp competitively against a Leaf...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Okay this is good. Heating, seats and wheel all on. Cold outside temps. We are approaching worse case scenarios. Would like to know what a longer motorway journey returns though.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This video shows what range you can get if conditions are ideal:

351km = 218 miles.

Temperature is 20c to 29c

Average speed is about 30mph, stop start city traffic up to about 50mph tops, generally around 40mph.

If you need to eke out the range, it shows what is possible by dropping the speed a bit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone care to guess whether the Ioniq could do this trip in one go?
(it's a return trip but no easy opportunity to destination charge)
Let's say 2 degrees outside and climate control set to 19 degrees.
139 miles.
About 56 of those miles are motorway, the rest A and B roads.
As you can see average speed across the whole trip was 35 mph.
2 adults and 3 small children and a bag in the boot. (if these things have a major effect on range)
Could it be done without having to stop on way back to rapid charge?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,234 Posts
139 miles.
2 adults and 3 small children and a bag in the boot. (if these things have a major effect on range)
Carefully in summer? Maybe when it's brand new. In winter? Not a chance.

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would like to know what a longer motorway journey returns though.
i'll have to come up with a reason for a motorway trip to test it out.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
What are the specs for the three different ionic types??? All the reviews on YouTube just prattle on about interiors and unimportant gadgets. The main gadgets I want to know are things such a heat-pump or resistance convection heater on the BEV version??? what is the petrol to electric range ratio on the hybrid?? What is the electric range of the plug in?

·
Registered
277 Posts
139 miles.
What are you driving?
My E220 would be showing at least 10mpg more!

·
Super Moderator
11,102 Posts
What are the specs for the three different ionic types???
All of that is on the Hyundai website. You can read through the webpages or download a brochure.

The pure EV version is only available in the top two trim levels. .

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
All of that is on the Hyundai website. You can read through the webpages or download a brochure.

The pure EV version is only available in the top two trim levels. .
Thanks I did find some info but not heater type , heat pump or resistance ??? The later of which robs miles off you.

·
9,719 Posts
Thanks I did find some info but not heater type , heat pump or resistance ??? The later of which robs miles off you.
BEV includes heat pump it's in the full spec list. Heat pump still needs resistive heater for when there is insufficient heat to harvest from the environment, it's not a one or other option.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
BEV includes heat pump it's in the full spec list. Heat pump still needs resistive heater for when there is insufficient heat to harvest from the environment, it's not a one or other option.
Thanks Jack I looked at the spec brochure for the ionic, which I downloaded as Pdf. Then I typed "heat" into the search/find window and all it found was electrically heated ancillaries such as mirrors seats etc. Cant find heat pump @Jack ??? do you have a hyperlink or was a generality???, okay if its an assumption, yes I agree it does tend to be the method used by better BEVs just not sure its on this spec. Cheers thanks for your response.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts