Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine still showing predicted range of 150 miles after a full charge and I'm getting around 5.5 miles/kWh on most trips, but I rarely have to drive early morning when it's coldest and I don't do many short trips.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The GOM has dropped slightly to 125 but I can still get 4.5 to 5 m/kWh without too much effort.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
843 Posts
Did 32 motorway miles at 60-70mph yesterday (no heating though) and arrived with 108 miles range, =140 miles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ioniq is a larger car, better for 4/5 people, has CCS charging which is good and will get better. Some variants of Zoe may have greater range. Depends what range you need. I needed a reliable 110 miles, ok, and easy charge for 190 mile up north on M1/M18, fine.

·
Registered
843 Posts
In theory the Leaf or Zoe 40 would have more range at low speed, around town. The Ioniq advantage is two fold - aerodynamic efficiency, so has better range (I'm guessing but maybe at speeds of 60mph+); and charging speed, with up to 70kW when it becomes available.
I struggle to get below 4miles/kWh on fast motorway driving (the cars in the "Audi lane" slow me down)
Have you seen Bjorn Nyland's youtube of Ioniq charging in 19 minutes? That and his video of the range in snowy Norway sold it to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
In theory the Leaf or Zoe 40 would have more range at low speed, around town. The Ioniq advantage is two fold - aerodynamic efficiency, so has better range (I'm guessing but maybe at speeds of 60mph+); and charging speed, with up to 70kW when it becomes available.
I struggle to get below 4miles/kWh on fast motorway driving (the cars in the "Audi lane" slow me down)
Have you seen Bjorn Nyland's youtube of Ioniq charging in 19 minutes? That and his video of the range in snowy Norway sold it to me.
Yes, the Bjorn videos alerted me to the Ioniq being a real option . My current Leaf 30 drops way down once I start doing 60+ down to 70 or 80 depending on the weather. It's the long distance 100+ runs that I am interested in. Local is all okay even for my 30.

·
Registered
759 Posts
IONIQForum.com- The Largest Hyundai IONIQ Forum And Community!

I have done a few test runs in the IONIQ Electric now and thought it might be easier to just list them in a single post as opposed to being jotted over different threads. In general my daily roundtrip is 100 miles - of this 22 on the motorway and the rest on A and B roads.

In doing this runs I have set the adaptive cruise to a speed and then either gone at that speed or if there is no way to over take just sat with the traffic so I think they can be considered as a normal driving style.

The temperature has never risen above 5C while doing this and has dropped below 0 a couple of times so the heating has always been on at 22C and the heated seats & steering wheel generally turned on.

Cruise set to 70mph - total range 110 miles
Cruise set to 60mph - total range 125 miles
Cruise set to 55mph - total range 130 miles

IONIQ.
Just the Answer I was looking for. I currently drive a 2014 Soul EV 27kw, I have covered 50k in 20 mths. But it's been a struggle this time of year with it only showing 72 miles on the GOM. 120+ would be my wildest dreams right now !!!
Can I ask what that would likely go upto in Summer months or lets say above 10deg, which is where I usually start to see the Soul gradually rise in range. Eventually stopping around the 95-105 range (summer)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Range is a tough question, as long range is often at low speed. In summer I did 132miles from Leeds to bham at 65mph motorway, have always done 180 mile journey with 30mins recharge at Rotherham midway 90 miles with spare if charger fails even down at 0c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So do people reckon the Ioniq can give the Zoe a run mileage wise? Looks my choice is between those two.
I´ve had both cars and I would say that the Ioniq could top the milage of Zoe 40 under certain conditions:
High speed and/or cold temperatures.

Doing more that 100-110 the slick aerodynimics of the Ioniq will have the Zoe beat in all weather conditions.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't think it is quite as simple as it relies on many things we don't know. For example the Leaf 30kWh only has a useable 28kWh, now when Hyundai say the IONIQ is 28kWh I believe that is the useable battery - I don't actually know how big the battery is (current Zoe is Useable ~22kWh but is actually a 25.9kWh battery). You then have all of the battery management stuff around that constantly trying to manage the health of the battery.

I would have thought that any degradation would probably be on a % basis as opposed to a straight drop in kWh.
I know they are different cars, but I have just had my Kia Soul tested by Kia
My car is an ex demo car Oct 14. When I bought the car 21mths ago it had 3500 miles on the clock
It now has 54500
My daily commute is 68 miles, the soul currently shows a range of between 70-75 this time of year. Based on this the car is rapid charged every single weekday on top of this it is charged too 100% every single weeknight. It is always filled too 100% and most days is emptied between 1-10%. My car is driven and used outside what people say is good for battery life.
But Kia tested my car 4 weeks ago and it shows 98% cap. Like was mentioned, having a Buffer and TBM makes a big difference to battery health. I think the Soul has 31.5 battery with 27 usable. When I plug in my Torque Pro the car shows me it is 100%, but TP says its only 95%

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi, reviving this old thread as I’ve just seen a lease deal for IONIQ but the 38kwh version.

I’m assuming most older responses on this thread are based on smaller battery version.

So, what typical range (or miles/kWh) people are achieving on the 38kwh version?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
As far as I know the 38kWh is not available in the UK yet, you can order and wait for delivery.

As sales of BEV's only count towards EU fleet consumption next year dont expect any until Jan..

·
Registered
459 Posts
As far as I know the 38kWh is not available in the UK yet, you can order and wait for delivery.

As sales of BEV's only count towards EU fleet consumption next year dont expect any until Jan..
ok, thought they had been released on on road from 5th sept

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Released, yes but physically available to drive away ?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,877 Posts
Hi, reviving this old thread as I’ve just seen a lease deal for IONIQ but the 38kwh version.

I’m assuming most older responses on this thread are based on smaller battery version.

So, what typical range (or miles/kWh) people are achieving on the 38kwh version?
I don't want to discourage you, but Bjorn Nyland released a test drive on youtube. He wasn't very impressed with the charging speed of the new Ioniq.

Reactions: rikdud

·
Vendor
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
There are some docking in November. The charging speed is 50kW, nothing to be worried about really.

Reactions: Spiny

·
Vendor
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Wow, I just ran a personal contract hire quote on a Premium IONIQ 38kWh and it came out at £999 deposit £199 a month @ 8,000 miles per annum. That seems crazy cheap for this car.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,877 Posts
There are some docking in November. The charging speed is 50kW, nothing to be worried about really.
I know that is the rated speed, but Bjorn wasn't getting anywhere near that. And according to him, it did behave very similarly to "rapidgate", where he had to sit and wait for over an hour on the later charging sessions.

181 - 200 of 241 Posts