Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
IONIQForum.com- The Largest Hyundai IONIQ Forum And Community!

Had a bit of time on my hands today and went to Hyundai at Cheshire oaks to see if they had a ioniq there. They did and ended up having a test drive which I came away quite impressed. Anyway this car could be a possible replacement for the better halfs zoe, the heating worked really well and had heated seats so she loved the car straight away.
On to the important part, I sat down with the dealer and told him I would like a PCP quote on 10k miles premium SE with optional black paint.
He came back with the following PCP quote for anyone who is interested...
cash price of car £26865
2k deposit, 36 months £536.25 pm with final payment of £9111.50 APR 6.9%:ROFLMAO::eek:(n)

·
Vendor
1,659 Posts
PCP is not the best route with the IONIQ, the PCH is a lot better. The same car on a 6+35 works out at £387 a month or £349 if you stretch it to 6+47.

Reactions: cah197 and NeilO

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
£536? I got £533 for 20k miles over 36 months with the same deposit. (Still too much, obviously).

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
£536? I got £533 for 20k miles over 36 months with the same deposit. (Still too much, obviously).
It was hard not to laugh when he came back. Nice car tho, drove it for about 16 miles and it showed 107 when I drove away. Heaters on, heated seats on 2 degrees outside and sports mode on and off, and a blast up the motorway and got back with it showing 99 miles. Missus loved it :cautious:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Without doubt it's a fantastic ev, but at 500 a month is out of my budget (and many other people's also).

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Reminds me of the Ampera when it first arrived. No discounts, high contract hire rates. How well did that work out for Vauxhall?

If they are supply constrained then I dont blame Hyundai for this approach but it will be a harder sell for the dealers...

Reactions: knoxie

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,606 Posts
EVs are expensive. There is also uncertainty as to their residual value, which makes any PCP or PCH deal risky for a lender. Higher risk means higher costs. BMW are adopting an interesting strategy by keeping the cost of a second hand i3 artificially high.

If Nissan choose to promote the Leaf with really low interest offers, that's great if you are in the market for one. Nobody should expect other manufacturers like Hyundai to do the same.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Some of the prices and deals for ev's at the moment are a complete joke. It's like manufacturers know ev's are coming and are trying every trick in the book to hold them off as long as possible.
Even including the cost difference between electric and fossil you can get some very nice ice cars for the same cost as some very average ev's - obviously without the hassle if a charge away from home is needed.
Rule of thumb for most diesels at 10k would be to add around £85 pcm in fuel presuming almost all electric is free. That leaves a clear £450pcm to pcp compared to the op quote.
For perspective that's still around £30 more than I was quoted for a very optioned C350e.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Some of the prices and deals for ev's at the moment are a complete joke. It's like manufacturers know ev's are coming and are trying every trick in the book to hold them off as long as possible.
Even including the cost difference between electric and fossil you can get some very nice ice cars for the same cost as some very average ev's - obviously without the hassle if a charge away from home is needed.
Rule of thumb for most diesels at 10k would be to add around £85 pcm in fuel presuming almost all electric is free. That leaves a clear £450pcm to pcp compared to the op quote.
For perspective that's still around £30 more than I was quoted for a very optioned C350e.
I agree with this. You have to really want to own an electric car at current prices. It definitely doesn't make financial sense when you can lease something like an Audi A4 for less than £300. It wouldn't be so bad if we were talking about cars with a 250 mile range but driving a 100 mile EV involves a lot of compromise.

I spent a total of an hour rapid charging my 30kWh Leaf to do a 200 mile journey at the weekend (which incidentally I would rather do than drive my Ford Focus). For most people though if there isn't a decent financial saving over driving an equivalent ICE then why would they bother.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
EVs are expensive. There is also uncertainty as to their residual value, which makes any PCP or PCH deal risky for a lender. Higher risk means higher costs. BMW are adopting an interesting strategy by keeping the cost of a second hand i3 artificially high.

If Nissan choose to promote the Leaf with really low interest offers, that's great if you are in the market for one. Nobody should expect other manufacturers like Hyundai to do the same.
And those other manufacturers should expect nobody to buy their cars.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone had anymore PCP quotes or PCH quotes the last couple of days. Looks like it would have to be the PCH route if you want to be driving this car anytime soon. Thanks badger in black!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
If they want to shift metal then they have to compete. Looking at Llewellyn's review, I'd love one of those cars, but I'm not going to go for one because the deals offered are not very good. If that changes, I'd be up for one, and I'd pay a little more than the Leaf price for one... but not a lot more.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts