Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been informed about the benefits to the owner of the Hyundai Ionity deal now that Ionity have massively increased pricing to anyone not in the Ionity owners club? Hyundai Ireland have no knowledge!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,574 Posts
Has anyone been informed about the benefits to the owner of the Hyundai Ionity deal now that Ionity have massively increased pricing to anyone not in the Ionity owners club? Hyundai Ireland have no knowledge!
I've only seen prices from Audi so far, in the recent Ionity thread.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Not seen it myself, but it was posted that the Hyundai Rate will be 30p Kwh along with a £20 a month membership fee.. Guess they can go take a hike at that if its correct..

·
Registered
15,503 Posts
Not seen it myself, but it was posted that the Hyundai Rate will be 30p Kwh along with a £20 a month membership fee.. Guess they can go take a hike at that if its correct..
So only worth it if you use over 50 kWh per month with Ionity.

Bearing in mind most of the others are at 30p per kWh, it’s debatable if it’s worth the time saving.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
So only worth it if you use over 50 kWh per month with Ionity.

Bearing in mind most of the others are at 30p per kWh, it’s debatable if it’s worth the time saving.
not of any interest at all at that price with polar rolling out more of its 150kw units at 7.65 a month and 20p a kw. Plus of course all the 50kw chargers they have

compared to a handful of Ionity for a higher price

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Ireland we have a choice of Ionity which for a 41 KW charge would be short of €18 at up to 75KWH or ESB ECars which only have 50KW max rate chargers with a time limit of 45Minutes which means for the same amount of energy its about the same cost as you would suffer the Excess time charge of €5 to get the same.
Either way Hyundai Ireland still know nothing of the Hyundai Ionity Deal i suspect it still tied up in the merger process being approved. either way I am at a Circle K services probably on my last Ionity charge until i get clarification of cost by friday.

Today was the first day that i would not have enough charge to get home from this journey (once a week) the cold snap really hurt the range. I dont think it was my right foot

·
Registered
Ion, Kona, 16 + 18 + 2020 Soul EV
2,576 Posts
Guessing those prices are going to be identical for Kia too. £240 a year before you pull a single kilawatt just isnt going to work.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What happens if you disconnect and then reconnect with ESB a minute or two later?
What happens if you disconnect and then reconnect with ESB a minute or two later?
I dont Know but there is normally a Queue as they generally only have one charge point so doing that would inconvienence other users 45 minutes would have to Suffice and it most certainly get me home.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Guessing those prices are going to be identical for Kia too. £240 a year before you pull a single kilawatt just isnt going to work.
No I wouldn't be able to make that work either, I guess if I find myself in need I'll just have to pony up 69p/kWh. As Im yet to use ionity I don't think that will happen often!

·
Registered
15,503 Posts
A far better plan would be if the subscription price included say 50 kWh free within the price. Then maybe it would be worthwhile...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I have only used ionity a couple of times (Was on the LV Insurance/Plugsurfing Beta Test) so as it was free thought I would give it a go.

Used the ones at Milton Keynes in the Coachway so thought I would try it compared to the Polar 50kw rapids.

Arriving at 10% and charging to 80% it made a realworld difference of 12mins saved from plugging in to unplugging compared to the same time on the 50kw polar rapids next to it.

At the old rate taking 50kw for £8 was not bad 16p Kw so roughly the same at the Polar subscription rate of 15p Kw with a 12min saving

At the new rates its just not worth it to save 12mins even at the Polar PAYG rates its way way cheaper.

Will be interesting to see what rate LV Negotiate as it seems they are looking at doing a package for insurance customers that includes charging (Either working with or buying plugsurfing)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have only used ionity a couple of times (Was on the LV Insurance/Plugsurfing Beta Test) so as it was free thought I would give it a go.

Used the ones at Milton Keynes in the Coachway so thought I would try it compared to the Polar 50kw rapids.

Arriving at 10% and charging to 80% it made a realworld difference of 12mins saved from plugging in to unplugging compared to the same time on the 50kw polar rapids next to it.

At the old rate taking 50kw for £8 was not bad 16p Kw so roughly the same at the Polar subscription rate of 15p Kw with a 12min saving

At the new rates its just not worth it to save 12mins even at the Polar PAYG rates its way way cheaper.

Will be interesting to see what rate LV Negotiate as it seems they are looking at doing a package for insurance customers that includes charging (Either working with or buying plugsurfing)
Not to mention the fact that Polar/BP have more 150kw chargers than IONITY at the moment!

4 Vs 3

Alfa Power also have a few 150kw chargers...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not to mention the fact that Polar/BP have more 150kw chargers than IONITY at the moment!

4 Vs 3

Alfa Power also have a few 150kw chargers...
Instavolt have a good number of 125-150kW chargers now. Disappointingly their website makes it hard to figure out which are 50kW and which are faster...but worth seeking out and still at the same price.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
In Ireland the choices are ECars or Ionity, which sucks as both will charge a subscription admittedly ECars will only be €5 per month with Ionity yet to be announced I suspect €20 per month

·
Registered
475 Posts
I can live without Ionity in the UK as anywhere I want to go to once the lock down is over is do-able. Plenty of options, plenty of Apps & RIFD cards. I have only used Ionity in France and with the rubbish (and now even more rubbish) Corri-door network - well actually it isn't a network anymore, what do you I would like to see what deal Hyundai will do with Ionity as France has suddenly become a problem for long distance travel, particularly if you are tempted to do 130kph on the autoroutes. Total are building a network but that takes time and the only one I found was DBT and failed. Mind the temperature was 45c, not good for aircooled chargers. Something which Ionity being watercooled makes the electronics more reliable?

I wonder if it will be possible to sign up to Ionity for an overseas trip and then cancel membership on return from France? I will only want membership for one month a year.

Interesting comment about LV moving into the charging market. That could be a smart move.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts