Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is really bad. It describes every function ad nauseum but that's not the way humans (or at least this one) think.

What I want is answers to the questions such as how why can't I get regenerative braking working, why can't I release the charging cable.

The answers are in the manual but finding them is a bad joke. The whole manual needs a redesign for the 21st century.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My wife's Fiat Panda manual makes the Kona one look perfectly clear and concise!

Perhaps the problem is that all car manuals have always been rubbish but we have never worried too much because with ICE cars we only ever needed to refer to them in an emergency. With an EV everything is so different that we need to refer to them straight away and so their shortcomings become more obvious more quickly.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
95 Posts
Yes this is by far the best way, but look for a few alternative spellings, as there are a few 'americanisms' like tire instead of tyre......not a problem obviously but may help speed up the search!
As regards the general issue, the best part of EV ownership is finding out new features, or that you were 'doing it wrong' weeks after getting the car....don't peak to early with the knowledge then you will have months of nice surprises :)

·
Registered
Kona 64
542 Posts
Just don't set the door mirrors to wink every time you walk past with the keys in your pocket. There is novelty value, but only for about 5 minutes and thats it. It took longer to find the setting to untick it. Lots of stuff to play with.

A chapter a day of the manual as bed time reading

1 - 9 of 9 Posts