Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently Hyundai have started to rollout OTA software and maps for their Gen5W infotainment units - the same units that the Kia e-Niro 4 and 4+ have in their cars. Hopefully this will soon be announced by Kia, although Kia UK might block this in the same way that their is no official download portal like other worldwide markets have.

Reactions: Billy the Kid

·
Registered
611 Posts
Apparently Hyundai have started to rollout OTA software and maps for their Gen5W infotainment units - the same units that the Kia e-Niro 4 and 4+ have in their cars. Hopefully this will soon be announced by Kia, although Kia UK might block this in the same way that their is no official download portal like other worldwide markets have.
No! Plan D coming up...

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,764 Posts
If Kia drags it's heels on this it could start losing a bit of it's market share if perceived to lag behind.
So far both companies have kept all releases in step, at least for the UK. Cars, charging and App releases all at the same time.

I think it is a safe bet, if one does it, the other one will follow soon.

·
Registered
611 Posts
What's that then John? No infotainment and maps in future models? :ROFLMAO:
No Carol. To my mind, OTA updates are a bellwether of which manufacturers are truly up to speed with technological advances. Tesla showed the way several years ago. All connected cars should have OTA updates by now.

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
No Carol. To my mind, OTA updates are a bellwether of which manufacturers are truly up to speed with technological advances. Tesla showed the way several years ago. All connected cars should have OTA updates by now.
At least for infotainment, yes. Not sure about actual ECU flashing OTA from the incumbents - stretch too far probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts