Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just tried to book my first service, phoned the number given that went to head office, then transferred to Slough bookings, and then passed on to slough service, and finally transferred to a call centre somewhere.
The young girl could see that I had a kona and then said the service price would be £192 , I questioned that price and asked what model that price was for to which she said "kona" I then said was that for a petrol or diesel or ev type, the young lady could not answer the question.
So if they don't even know what car I have how are the going to service it to a good standard....
It makes me wonder.
So I politely hung up.... can't be doing with numptys :) :)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,638 Posts
Good for you, but who is going to service your Kona now? :censored:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll go direct to the dealer and try ( covid rules) to book directly with them and establish the correct price.
I've just done a service plan quote direct with hyundai and the first servive quote was 77 quid.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have just tried to book my first service, phoned the number given that went to head office, then transferred to Slough bookings, and then passed on to slough service, and finally transferred to a call centre somewhere.
The young girl could see that I had a kona and then said the service price would be £192 , I questioned that price and asked what model that price was for to which she said "kona" I then said was that for a petrol or diesel or ev type, the young lady could not answer the question.
So if they don't even know what car I have how are the going to service it to a good standard....
It makes me wonder.
So I politely hung up.... can't be doing with numptys :) :)
Was that the Hyundai service number or the garage number - Hyundai Dealer | Coventry, Liverpool, Oxford, Slough, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield & Wigan ? The Hyundai system is just a central booking system with no knowledge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your 100 percent there Mike, no knowledge. Not doing their business very well. They need a rethink.

·
Registered
17,400 Posts
I don’t think the girl in the front desk does the servicing.

I don’t think they have their master tech answer the phones either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct, but asking for my registration twice surely their computer system should inform them to what model i have and a simple service costing.

Even entering the registration details to online companies, brings up all the cars details.

Come on Hyundai...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
So I politely hung up.... can't be doing with numptys :)
Correct, but asking for my registration twice surely their computer system should inform them to what model i have and a simple service costing
Before you accuse the girl, it may just be the IT department that has provided / given mixed non comprehensible information. Blame IT senior staff for failing you?

·
Registered
17,400 Posts
Phwoar, that’ll learn ‘em!
Very British.

The equivalent of having a terrible meal in a restaurant, which when asked by the waiter ‘how is everything?’, we all reply in unison ‘oh, fine, great thanks!’.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before you accuse the girl, it may just be the IT department that has provided / given mixed non comprehensible information. Blame IT senior staff for failing you?
Nobody has accused the girl, and if hyundai IT department made beer god help us all 🍺🍺.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I just called my local Hyundai dealer and booked with them.
Not entirely clear why you wouldn’t do the same....

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use Hyundai in Slough. They are ok-ish.
True, everytime I book a service they initially give generic quote for ICE cars. Once you tell them it is an EV and there is no need for usual jobs for ICE cars they will check and call you back in couple of minutes and book a service. 1st service costed about £85 last year.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Lawrence (Service department in Slough) is helpful guy - just ask to speak to him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Rompik, I have phoned them direct and made a booking.. I will pass on your recommendation! Who knows I may even get a discount ;);)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
:) well what can I say, excellent service from Johnson Hyundai Slough after i raised concerns about the central booking system.

It turns out that the computer algorithm was not correct, so the experts are now hard at work fixing the issues so that any future enquiries will be presented with the correct answers when asked.

Lawrence from Slough service department has done a great job in forwarding this concern to the higher levels of Johnsons Hyundai and together they have found and are implementing a solution.

So well done to everyone for your efforts.
I look forward to meeting you Lawrence when my car comes in for it's first service and updates in a couple of weeks. ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts