Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just happened upon this article (I say article, it's a Twitter thread reported as news), imagining the questions if we were transitioning from electric to petrol cars.

Made me wonder if there are any other questions. Maybe "I hear it only takes five minutes to refuel a petrol car, can I leave it at a petrol pump whilst I go and get some lunch?"

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yep, almost never take the wife's diesel to a fuel station. I just fill the 5lt can on my usual travels. Also gives me the chance to EV a petrol pump whilst wandering around the shop browsing :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Its quite old now but there's a famous post from 2015 on the Tesla Club Sweden site called "Test Drive Of A Petrol Car" and it absolutely nails this 'if it were the other way round' vibe

Test drive of a petrol car - Tesla Club Sweden

Having heard so much good about petrol cars, we decided to test drive one. They are said to combine cheap price with long range and fast charging. A winning formula on paper – but how are they in real life? ...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I’ve heard you can put the wrong petrol plug in your ICE and then you have to call the AA to take the car away to a scrap yard.
Wifey put 1/2 tank of petrol in the diesel Golf :eek:

Fuel station said to just top it off with diesel and keep topping it off.

All good years later. TBH it ran fine with 50% petrol :LOL:

·
Registered
861 Posts
..and to get the petrol to the petrol station you need a petrol tanker that takes quite a lot of petrol to move it from where they make it to where it can be sold to petrol users, clogging up the roads and slowing down other petrol users. Couldn’t make it up could you? It will never catch on.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
How much should I expect my petrol car's range to drop on a cold day?
About 200 miles if my last hybrid was anything to go by! 🤣

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
..and to get the petrol to the petrol station you need a petrol tanker that takes quite a lot of petrol to move it from where they make it to where it can be sold to petrol users, clogging up the roads and slowing down other petrol users. Couldn’t make it up could you? It will never catch on.
Smells good though. Although of course sparky electric produces ozone as a substitute.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
What do you mean, that’s 80 miles in anyone’s book 😉

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
671 Posts
Wifey put 1/2 tank of petrol in the diesel Golf :eek:

Fuel station said to just top it off with diesel and keep topping it off.

All good years later. TBH it ran fine with 50% petrol :LOL:
Years ago it was common in winter to fill diesel cars and trucks to 80% with diesel and finish with petrol to avoid waxing in cold weather.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts