Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thank you to you all for your advice and support, I now have a ‘67 plate blue GTE Advance which I collected yesterday and is a lovely car, just need to work out how to get a dedicated charging point in my detached garage now.

I am sure I will have more questions as I get familiar with the car, but wanted to ask two quick ones please

- I have charged the car overnight and it has a battery range of 24miles, when I asked the garage about battery health they said when they fully charged it the car was at 28 miles range, is there a setting that would mean it’s stopped at 24 is it the weather, am I missing something or have they fibbed?

- what are your top tips for me setting all aspects of the car up, from driving modes to infotainment please

take care

·
Registered
Kona64
1,865 Posts
turn the ignition on, note the predicted EV mileage range ..... sometimes called the GOM (*) value

now press the off button on the climate control and see how much the mileage number goes up

Remember the marketing speak is really " under lab conditions for comparison purposes only"
However decent weather, climate turned off , the right roads + traffic and you could easy waft along for25+ real miles in EV mode. And you'll love it.

* Guess o Meter ... also is supposed to estimate based on previous journeys --- if they have all been 100yards or less around a dealers' yard then that will have some impact.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Should I be concerned that the battery range after a full charge is only showing 24 miles?
Turn everything off in the car, air con, heated seats ect and you will see higher mileage. Mine shows 28 after a full charge but if I put the heater on it will drop to 24 without turning a wheel.
That's why pre heat is a really good thing to use on cold mornings, let your house electric heat the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.