Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are a couple of batteries on ebay but looking £5000 to £6000 then the cost of fitting and coding it all in. The battery is like 450kg so needs so decent kit to lift into the bottom of the car. Without the coding issues it's simple to fit it in the car. Getting it to work is where I think there is a lack of expertise and renault don't seem to want to support much I terms of battery swaps or upgrades. If you can find a way to get it to work let us know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes I saw them, but, they been around a while out car, charged/uncharged who's to say, its a big spend on a battery and without being unable to gather the data of the condition of the cells.
I'd rather see one in a car and freshly remove it.
I think you might struggle most cars without a battery have had them removed by renault as they were rented. These batteries are back with them to cover their warranty requirements. Any car that's had its battery removed probably has uneconomical repairs required. It was probably a lease battery car and the owner didn't want to pay for a battery they aren't using. Only suggestion is to ask some local scrap yards to let you know if they get one in with a battery. The ze50 battery will not fit in a ze20 or ze40. Possible to have a aftermarket company make a battery new but this will probably cost double buying a car with a battery.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well I'm gonna try, if it doesn't workout then I'll cut my losses and move onto another project, nothing else I can do for now.
When you say the ZE50 won't fit, is that physically not fit it?
Yes the shape is different in the ze50 so the pack physically won't fit in the older 2 models. The 40kWh pack is the same size as the 22kWh pack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts