Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like VW are onto a winner here. The Whole UK allocation of I.D. 3's (about 1500 cars) due in March has been sold in advance. VW have a further 20'000 UK orders outstanding, so someone will be waiting a while....

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks like VW are onto a winner here. The Whole UK allocation of I.D. 3's (about 1500 cars) due in March has been sold in advance. VW have a further 20'000 UK orders outstanding, so someone will be waiting a while....
Been there and done it! See "VW ID news and Pics thread over the weekend. Unless this is new, need confirmed by VW UK today? rathe than by the Alan Day Group of London.

·
Registered
223 Posts
They'll either be waiting a while or they'll buy a car from a manufacturer with the commitment and foresight to make enough EVS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The 1,500 refers to the model 'ID3 1st Edition' - as part of the 30,000 1st Edition Europe wide launch. The 20,000 refers to the 'Standard' line of ID 3 non-1st Edition cars that will follow the launch vehicle, the ID3 1st Edition.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I may be wrong but as far as I can see no VW ID's have been 'sold' yet as there is no pricing been released. Surely everyone is still on their refundable deposit. Or is the price hidden somewhere?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I may be wrong but as far as I can see no VW ID's have been 'sold' yet as there is no pricing been released. Surely everyone is still on their refundable deposit. Or is the price hidden somewhere?
Agreed, wasn't this news back last May. Nobody in the UK has progressed an order past the Prebooking deposit. I can't see any cars arriving in March. From what I've read it could be late Aug / Sept 2020

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agreed, wasn't this news back last May. Nobody in the UK has progressed an order past the Prebooking deposit. I can't see any cars arriving in March. From what I've read it could be late Aug / Sept 2020
Also, in the UK the first cars will be on the road during the football Euro 2020 finals, we will see them in PR mode in June/July. This was mentioned during the pre-bookers event.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ID. 3 UK Allocation Sells Out In 48 Hours.
This is incorrect, as I pre-ordered a second car weeks after my original one and got a allocation.
It's just a hype statement to drive demand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts