Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After wandering around this forum for the last few months (trying to be the voice of reason!), I finally did the thing!

Deposit paid for 2020 Renault Zoe ZE.50 GT-Line Rapid Charge in Glacier White.
Delivery due late March / early April. Just in time to waft silently down to Farnborough for FCL 2020 UK.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Updates:-
  • Local dealership got within £3/month of the cheapest CarWow quote I had.
  • LV are only quoting an extra £10/month for the Zoe over my current 2016 VW Up! :D
  • I have a driveway next to the house with the meter on the other side of that wall so 7kW charger install should be simples.
  • Work already have external 3-pin sockets for granny leads, and since the MD picks up his Model 3 next week, he's already looking at 7kW chargers dotted around the car park there too!
  • To do - Octopus / Smart meter / Go tariff. Maybe even RZOC membership.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Updates:-
  • Local dealership got within £3/month of the cheapest CarWow quote I had.
  • LV are only quoting an extra £10/month for the Zoe over my current 2016 VW Up! :D
  • I have a driveway next to the house with the meter on the other side of that wall so 7kW charger install should be simples.
  • Work already have external 3-pin sockets for granny leads, and since the MD picks up his Model 3 next week, he's already looking at 7kW chargers dotted around the car park there too!
  • To do - Octopus / Smart meter / Go tariff. Maybe even RZOC membership.
Well done, you won't regret it.

Are you willing to divulge:
  • Dealership
  • Deposit £
  • Monthly £
RZOC is a great Club, well worth the fee (FREE!), we've been on a few events since getting our first Zoe in September 2018, always a good laugh, Craig is a very nice guy, as are all other members we've met.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done, you won't regret it.

Are you willing to divulge:
  • Dealership
  • Deposit £
  • Monthly £
RZOC is a great Club, well worth the fee (FREE!), we've been on a few events since getting our first Zoe in September 2018, always a good laugh, Craig is a very nice guy, as are all other members we've met.
Sure.

Dealership:- Lookers Renault Chester
Term length:- 48 months
Mileage:- 12,000/yr
Deposit:- £3500
Monthly:- £320

·
Registered
15,965 Posts
I was not aware they went over 7kW. Good to know, thanks.
I suspect 22kW AC will also come in handy when the only charger one can reach has a busted CCS plug.
I saw plenty of those this weekend. Especially DBT units where the CCS was down but AC worked fine.

Best bit about the Zoe.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw plenty of those this weekend. Especially DBT units where the CCS was down but AC worked fine.

Best bit about the Zoe.
It'll be nice to have a "Plan B" already built into the car... :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See if you can’t get hold of an Ecotricity card for those free 22 kW posts.
Will do. Any other network recommendations. I know there's a "what apps shoudl I get?" thread here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it for now.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE:- Renault Chester just phoned. My finance application has gone through, the order is being placed today. :D

BTW - They tell me the "Winter Pack" (Heated seats & steering wheel) is now standard on the GT-Line, contrary to the PDF brochures I've seen.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
UPDATE:- Renault Chester just phoned. My finance application has gone through, the order is being placed today. :D

BTW - They tell me the "Winter Pack" (Heated seats & steering wheel) is now standard on the GT-Line, contrary to the PDF brochures I've seen.
Win - Win !?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Brilliant that is now standard, because speaking on a personal basis only, I would wanted that feature even at £500 !.
Fantastic feature in the winter time, and a good range saver also.
Getting it thrown in for free is a massive “Brucie Bonus”.
I would have been “Gutted” if it was standard equipment when I ordered the car, then they removed the feature to reduce the cost !.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brilliant that is now standard, because speaking on a personal basis only, I would wanted that feature even at £500 !.
Fantastic feature in the winter time, and a good range saver also.
Getting it thrown in for free is a massive “Brucie Bonus”.
I would have been “Gutted” if it was standard equipment when I ordered the car, then they removed the feature to reduce the cost !.
Believing they were a paid option, I specifically asked for heated seats (because I have them on my Up and this time of year they're a "must have") while I was there, they told me they were included then. I double checked during this morning's phone call & they confirmed.

Even on the standard seats?
The GT-Line has the pleather seats. At least the one they're getting me does.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yeah - "Back In the day" I always associated heated seats where a bed partner with leather seats.
But now heated seats go hand in hand with fabric seats also, not always a standard fit, but some times can be found on the options list !.
My previous Golf GTE had fabric trim seats, but with the winter pack option with heated front seats.
My wife absolutely loved them !.
When I started to convince her to move to a BEV and she was not too keen.
Then after some debate, she said :-
"Oh ....... BTW - If it has NOT got the heated seats, then forget it".
It's funny how some little things like that are more important than the size of the battery / range of the car :ROFLMAO: - Bless !.
P.S. - Had a call today to say my car has just arrived at the dealership !.
Almost 5 months to the day, that we ordered it !.:sleep:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts