Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,576 Posts
I seem to have ordered a GT Line with textile seats. The heated seats (or Winter Pack)are standard on the leatherette trim, yes.
AFAIK there is no option for full "leather" seats on ZE50. The Zoe Microsite says the seats are

"GT Line part synthetic leather/part recycled fabric seat upholstery"

"Iconic 100% recycled fabric seat upholstery"

The site also stills shows the winter pack still as an option, so I would recommend anyone buying now gets in writing that included. I see it as a must have option for a BEV.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Another update:-
Had a "Thanks for your order" email last night. The weird thing is that instead of the Chester dealership where I placed the order, it came from Carlisle! o_O
Both dealers are part of the Lookers chain (based in Altrincham), so I hope it's just a mistake at their end. I've replied, asking that very question...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Another update:-
Had a "Thanks for your order" email last night. The weird thing is that instead of the Chester dealership where I placed the order, it came from Carlisle! o_O
Both dealers are part of the Lookers chain (based in Altrincham), so I hope it's just a mistake at their end. I've replied, asking that very question...
Maybe that’s where the main admin offices are based ?.
Chester branch, that is close to our address in North Wales !.
Small world !.?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Maybe that’s where the main admin offices are based ?.
Chester branch, that is close to our address in North Wales !.
Small world !.?
Nope. Their main office is in Altrincham, as I said.
Chester branch is 12 miles from my house, also in N Wales.
No response to my last email yet, though. What I really want is a tracking number for my car! Do Renault allow build tracking? I'm used to VW's system.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
What I really want is a tracking number for my car! Do Renault allow build tracking? I'm used to VW's system.
Not sure if Renault have that facility?.
The MG info system is a worst I have ever seen.
Place your order and wait for it to arrive, that’s it !.
Just the one phone call from start to finish !.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,578 Posts
Not sure if Renault have that facility?.
The MG info system is a worst I have ever seen.
Place your order and wait for it to arrive, that’s it !.
Just the one phone call from start to finish !.
I've never had a car that was any other way. Place your order, get a rough airy fairy delivery date, get a phone call when it arrives for PDI to say your car will be ready soon.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Time to renew my current car's insurance, so switched to LV (who were cheaper anyway!) in preparation for moving to their EV-specific policy when the Zoe arrives.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Small update:-
  • Been back to the dealers for clarification on the whole heated seats issue.
  • Salesman swears that he was told during dealer launch event that heated seats are standard on GT-Line.
  • I showed him the PDF brochure from renault.co.uk which shows that they're an option.
  • He agreed it's confusing and said he'd ask his manager to escalate my "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" to head office.
  • He will forward their response to me, and I'll post it here for the enlightenment of all present.
Happy Holidays, everyone!

·
Registered
13,906 Posts
Heated seats are standard with the ‘pleather’ interior trim. Not possible to have heated seats on the textile trim.

The configurator makes it look like an option on it’s own - this may be where the confusion comes from.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Heated seats are standard with the ‘pleather’ interior trim. Not possible to have heated seats on the textile trim.

The configurator makes it look like an option on it’s own - this may be where the confusion comes from.
That does make sense, thanks!

·
Registered
13,906 Posts
It's "possible" because my Leaf has them. Just that Renault only puts them in the more expensive version, it would seem.
We’re talking about the New Zoe trim options.

Please switch off ‘pedant mode’.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Small update:-

Having watched Renault's official video guides that I posted here, I realized just how much I hate parallel parking, even after almost 30 years behind the wheel, so decided to drop by the dealership and ask if it was too late to add the "Easy Park Assist" option to my Zoe.

Just had a call back from them, and not only was it possible, it was only £300 (not the £350 it says in the brochure!) or an extra £5.99/month on the finance.
At that price, I decided it'd be silly not to have it! :D

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Another update:- Just got the call from BP Chargemaster to install my wallbox.
They gave me a provisional install date of 21st February 2020.
Next comes a bunch of form filling and picture taking to get the OLEV grant.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Had to add an isolator switch to my upcoming smart meter installation (Feb 7), or BP Chargemaster will refuse to darken my doorstep.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
This morning:-
  • Meters and isolator successfully installed this morning, Supplier's engineer turned up early!
  • Photo of isolator sent to BP Chargemaster, in an attempt to re-start the charger installation.
  • Electrician suggested I contact my DNO about a main fuse upgrade. DNO says if their survey goes well, I can get 80A fuse for free. 100A could cost £££ if I need new supply from street.
  • Electrician also pointed out I have a "looped" supply, but that I'm on the good side of the loop. No rework necessary.
This afternoon:-
  • Installed Ring CCTV camera at side door of house, pointed at where car & charger will go.
  • Installed matching video doorbell at front door, also pointed at parking spot.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The real reason for the security cameras is that sometimes, we get certain people come through town who think I don't need 5m of perfectly scrappable copper cable hanging from the side of my house.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts