Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
UPDATE:-

Renault might actually win the race. The dealership emailed yesterday to say that they're being allowed to reopen for "safe" showroom handovers & home deliveries.

New Government guidance were released on Wednesday 22nd April which confirms that dealerships can carry out vehicle handovers in a safe environment. Our priority is the health and safety of our employees and customers, but we want to assure you that we are working quickly to put a plan in place to facilitate the handover of your new vehicle, if it’s possible to do so. We will be in touch in due course to arrange either a home delivery or showroom handover.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
UPDATE AGAIN:-

Just received & completed the OLEV Annex D document in preparation for BP Chargemaster turning up and install the chargepoint.
I'll have to chip in £50 for a min consumer unit as my main one is full.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,975 Posts
UPDATE AGAIN:-

Just received & completed the OLEV Annex D document in preparation for BP Chargemaster turning up and install the chargepoint.
I'll have to chip in £50 for a min consumer unit as my main one is full.
Have you asked for a tethered charger?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
UPDATE:- Dealership reopens with a skeleton staff for deliveries & handovers from Monday. Deliveries from import centre resuming then too. Hoping to get a firm date from them sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Update:- Nothing new from dealership. Provisional chargepoint install date has arrived - the morning of June 9th.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
NEW UPDATE:-

Just took a call from the dealership.
  • Car has been assigned a transport truck and should be with dealer on May 29th.
  • Due to plague storage, they've been ordered by Renault to check/charge the 12V battery.
  • Dealer has agreed to 100% charge the car before I take delivery/collect from June 2nd, due to chargepoint date.

·
Premium Member
10,947 Posts
NEW UPDATE:-

Just took a call from the dealership.
  • Car has been assigned a transport truck and should be with dealer on May 29th.
  • Due to plague storage, they've been ordered by Renault to check/charge the 12V battery.
  • Dealer has agreed to 100% charge the car before I take delivery/collect from June 2nd, due to chargepoint date.
Not long now 👍 Also, I hadn't followed this thread for a while. Did you get clarification if winter pack is now included on GT Line or not?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Not long now 👍 Also, I hadn't followed this thread for a while. Did you get clarification if winter pack is now included on GT Line or not?
I haven't asked.
My thought is that salesman was speaking from wrong end. He no longer works there & I have no winter pack (I think).

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
UPDATE:-

My petrol car has now been signed back over to the finance company 4 months early. It's still on my drive, as the plague means BCA can't collect it.🤷‍♂️

Just had another call from the dealership.

• My car did not arrive on the 29th as they were told by Renault. It's still in Southampton. :(
  • They have now been told that a pair of Zoes (their usual delivery) is due this Saturday (June 6th) and that mine is one of them. :D
  • Dealer will call me again on the 6th with another update.
  • Collection is now pencilled in for the afternoon of Tuesday June 9th (Charger is being fitted that morning) 🤞

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
ANOTHER UPDATE:-

Surprise phone call from dealership
  • Car has just arrived at the dealership a day early! :D (I guess all those empty motorways helped)
  • Finance paperwork to be done online
  • Reg number being sent Monday, so I can switch my insurance
  • Collection is now confirmed for 12:30pm Wednesday June 10th.

·
Registered
187 Posts
What a palaver, I'm in a similar boat, delays and frustrations, but nothing compared to what some families have gone or are going through.

My car has been at the dealers compound for weeks, had hoped for a 1 June collection, but no, I'm in a queue, and it looks like they have a maximum of two car going out a day.

Won't be long now. (y)

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Charger is being fitted that morning
Make sure that you see it work at the full rate and the App is fully connected on your phone before signing off the work.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
ANOTHER UPDATE:-

Surprise phone call from dealership
  • Car has just arrived at the dealership a day early! :D (I guess all those empty motorways helped)
  • Finance paperwork to be done online
  • Reg number being sent Monday, so I can switch my insurance
  • Collection is now confirmed for 12:30pm Wednesday June 10th.
NOT LONG NOW !.
I bet the wait is killing you, don't worry it will be all worth it.
First drive will be taken in England then ?.
You are free to take an unlimited drive then.
Enjoy !.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
NOT LONG NOW !.
I bet the wait is killing you, don't worry it will be all worth it.
First drive will be taken in England then ?.
You are free to take an unlimited drive then.
Enjoy !.
Yep. Can't wait! 🤩
The first half mile at least. As you know, the dealership is just across the border.
Depending on how much charge they give me, I may be driving home via the Instavolt at Childer Thornton ( just for practice, obvs! ;) )

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Yep. Can't wait! 🤩
The first half mile at least. As you know, the dealership is just across the border.
Depending on how much charge they give me, I may be driving home via the Instavolt at Childer Thornton ( just for practice, obvs! ;) )
Nice plan !.
Going to be a very short charge, the battery will be still pretty full if the dealer has already fully charged the car prior to collection.
Which they should OBTW !.
You may have to extended your route to find space in the battery.
Oh well ....... Things could be worse !.
Enjoy the freedom and the car.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Penultimate update:-

Yesterday, I received the reg number & switched my insurance over to the Zoe. LV only wanted another £50 for the year, this despite the Zoe being almost 3 times what the Up cost new.
This morning, I spent standing in the driveway with a very nice, neat & punctual engineer from BP Chargemaster. All work done to high standards, and final OLEV email sent.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
FINAL UPDATE:-

It MINE! :love: Renault included a set of mats and a 100% full battery. Now to hit up EVOneStop for a granny lead and a bag for the type 2 cable.
One downside though, ALL the user manuals provided are in German.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts