Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found Zoe's AEBS (Advanced Emergency Braking System) setting but what hardware is required to make AEBS work?

Does it rely on the rear UPA (universal parking assist sensors) that are already fitted to the Zoe or is there extra hardware needed to work does anyone know?

I jumped right in and enabled it , reverse back until the rear UPA's beeped near an obstacle and brakes did not come on automatically ... so i have put it back to its disabled (default) again now.

My Zoe is 2013 Ph1 Q210

Purple Rectangle Violet Pink Tints and shades

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
The Zoe has only ever been specced with this for certain models of ZE50 I believe. Never on earlier models, in the UK at least.

The ZE50 Version relies on a radar sensor mounted to the front of the car for AEBS. The camera is only used for lane keep assist, and traffic sign recognition.

Parking sensors don’t ‘see’ far enough ahead to be able to serve this function. It’s not really to do with reversing slowly into something but more if you’re rapidly approaching a stationary object while going forwards, it would put the brakes on to try and avoid or at least reduce the severity of the collision.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50
264 Posts
I have it on my ZE50. It is junk. It triggers un-necessarily. I was on a road with a pedestrian refuge in the middle and a parked car in front of me. It slammed the brakes on, flashing "BRAKE" on the screen. There was more than enough room to go round without slowing down.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line, Tesla Model 3 LR
28 Posts
I have it on my ZE50. It is junk. It triggers un-necessarily. I was on a road with a pedestrian refuge in the middle and a parked car in front of me. It slammed the brakes on, flashing "BRAKE" on the screen. There was more than enough room to go round without slowing down.
I had a very similar experience the other day, approaching a central refuge in such a way that I'd completely avoid it I got a big red blob on the driver screen and the car started braking. It's the only time I've had this so maybe the system has an issue with these specific scenarios?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
have they disabled it altogether on the ZE50 now ? - I thought I heard that
Nope it’s still a thing. But it was originally missing from early models as they didn’t equip the radar sensor. And likewise now only some cars are coming with this off the production line right now because of the chip shortage.

The majority of recent GT Line ZE50s should have it though.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope it’s still a thing. But it was originally missing from early models as they didn’t equip the radar sensor. And likewise now only some cars are coming with this off the production line right now because of the chip shortage.

The majority of recent GT Line ZE50s should have it though.
thanks (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts