Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Leaf in April 2017. Drove it for about a year, then bought a grey 2017 Soul EV. It is pretty good. I use it on trips at it being the equivalent of roughly a 33mpg car due to the use of fast chargers (my time is worth more than I pay to fuel these trips). There is a level 2 charger at work and another at a local store that make my commute gratis. I have a level 2 charger at home that I used at home prior to the one at the store opening. Walton EMC gives a special TOU rate to those who prove they have an EV. With fees, this adds up to about 9 cents/kwh offpeak. I don't think I want another car with more range right at this moment. I would like this vehicle to last until there is a safe and legal vehicle with level 5 autonomy available for purchase. I don't want to invest in partial autonomy or be a test subject for a car company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome. Had to google where Walton EMC is - in beautiful Georgia. I'm surprised when landing in airports in the southern US that there isn't more solar on rooftops of industrial and commercial buildings. So much potential going to waste.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts