Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Obviously an ironic handle, or one of those people that always 'claim' to be skint, don't get their round in..then buy a flash motor ;)

When you get it?

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the club... I am slightly jealous;)

(Though I will take some small comfort in knowing how painful it is waiting for your first Tesla)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, my username skint was meant to be a bit if a laugh, I am obviously not skint, but I'm not loaded either, although I am considering cutting down my wife's monthly allowance :D

I still remember the stomach churning acceleration from P85, the idea of 3.2sec in P85D is just too tempting.

I've only ordered it with very basic spec. metallic grey, black on black leather interior, and tech pack, according to Tesla site, its June delivery, its a bloody long wait !!

I've already watched all the Tesla videos including the crap ones, just waiting for our American friends upload videos of their P85D blowing the Lambos off on the drag strip :D

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife doesn't even know yet! I guess I'll tell her when the car arrives, LOL!

One other concern I have is the insurance, I couldn't get any quote anywhere yet, I just hope its reasonable :confused:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Congrats! June delivery is perfect for the summer. Be prepared for mild OCD from about March as you start logging into the Design Studio and clicking on "refresh" multiple times a day ... :D

Did you go for standard leather or Next Gen?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Congrats! June delivery is perfect for the summer. Be prepared for mild OCD from about March as you start logging into the Design Studio and clicking on "refresh" multiple times a day ... :D

Did you go for standard leather or Next Gen?
Thanks at least I am hoping its June anyway. I could imagine I'll be getting more and more restless as the days draw nearer, probably ended up with bloodshot eyes on the day of delivery through complete lack of sleep :D

It never occur to me to look at the next gen seats, but at £3k a pop, think I'll give it a miss, you never know, it might unexpectedly come fitted as standard :D

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Lol! You never know! If you can afford it, I would go for it. The next gen seats are apparently a huge upgrade over the regular interior, and I really hope they are offered as an retrofit so I can get them :)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another P85D video, this time against the Lambo. Aventador
The P85D was ahead right up to around 100mph before the Lambo starts to overtake the Tesla.

·
Super Moderator
7,575 Posts
This was so funny, when you get the cockpit video from the lambo it's all so.... dramatic. And not in a good way. Puts me in mind of dialup Internet, so much noise for something which should be silent.

Reactions: Paul
1 - 20 of 42 Posts