Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With vehicle movement restrictions lifted this week I was finally able to become an Ioniq driver. DSG Hyundai in Morecambe had secured me this 2020 Ioniq Electric Premium SE in Iron Grey on a 2 year lease. I had ordered it in late September to replace my Kia SOUL EV and deliberately ordered the Shale Grey two tone interior to slow the delivery till march and the 20 plates as my Soul Lease was up in March.

Lock down had got in the way as it arrived at the dealers on the 23rd of March..

Car was delivered to me in Glasgow yesterday. So far, granted I have not exactly been able to drive it much, I am loving it and really happy with my colour choice and the interior option. The Shale Grey interior had been a bit of a punt as I couldn't really find many images before I ordered it but I think it looks great and a good match with the exterior colour.

How is everyone getting on with their Ioniq's as I haven't been on here for a while?

Derek

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Very nice! Not going to be dark inside but I guess that you don't have ankle biters or dogs. ;)

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! Not going to be dark inside but I guess that you don't have ankle biters or dogs. ;)
I've always liked a "lighter" interior and we don't have a dog and my daughters are now 18 and 15 so risk is relatively low. Majority of the mileage is me solo during the week anyway (once we are back to normal that is). I'm relatively confident I should be fine. Considering I have just finished 2 years with a Kia Soul EV (which has a completely light grey cloth interior) I should be fine. Fingers crossed anyway

This is the Soul interior after 2 years.

Derek

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Also nice - that looks a good buy for someone secondhand.

The Iron Grey really suits the Ioniq's lines. I hope that you get the opportunity to use it properly soon. (y)

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also nice - that looks a good buy for someone secondhand.

The Iron Grey really suits the Ioniq's lines. I hope that you get the opportunity to use it properly soon. (y)
Thanks it will be nice when I can go a little further than the shops. Hopefully not too long.

The SOUL EV has been a great car and should serve someone well. March 2018 registered and with 37k on the clock now. Just awaiting uplift from the leasing company (Lex Autolease via Drive Electric). It's held up really well. As you say, should be a good buy for someone. This is it last weekend after a decent wash ready for collection.

Reactions: burnt_crisps2

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some more photos as I want to show it off but can't drive it any distance really!

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
The Ioniq certainly suits Iron Grey. My son had his delivered in March and I was well impressed by the design upgrade and how well that colour matches the grille. I can understand why you can't stop taking pictures of it.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I'm having a Johnny Nice painter reaction to all that grey. Grey, mother! Like the souls of a thousand accountants on their retirement day! Grey, like the cold logic of an actuary as he calculates the date of my death!

Nah, seriously, it's a better colour for it than my white one, currently stuck on the driveway turning a colour best described as "the sheddings of the diseased tree outside my house that the council refuses to put out of its misery".

The Ioniq may not be the most exciting car in the world, but nearly three years of ownership (leasing) has been a great success.

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know its a lot of grey, but I think the chrome highlights and dark tinted windows add to it and it's a good looking car, certainly from the rear three quarters (best angle I think). One of the reasons I chose the two tone interior was to add a little variation, albeit just a lighter shade of gray! 😁😁

·
Registered
321 Posts
Remind me in two years time when you get rid of it! My Hyundai i20 will be 12/13 years old by then. ;-)

But I wonder how much your Soul will go for..

·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But I wonder how much your Soul will go for..
Looking at Autotrader there are 9 2018 models available at present, however all are lower mileage than mine. They range in price from £15,588 for a 22k 67 plate white model (reverse smurf) up to £17,999 for a ("breezeblock") 18 plate with less than 3k on the clock.

Autotrader shows a trade in value over just over £12k and a private sale value of £13,200. What it pulls when it goes to auction is the unknown I suppose? It will be a good buy for someone as it has never let me down and is in pretty good shape. One stone chip on the bonnet and some scratches in the rear door cards are about the only things I can think of worth mentioning. They are still pretty rare in the U.K. (but then so are the ICE versions) with only just over 900 registered.

Second Hand Ioniq's on the other hand seem to fare much better with stronger residuals and there is currently only 1 2018 28 kWh version below £20,000 available on Autotrader today/

The SOUL EV will make an excellent used buy.

Reactions: SueH

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks. I've been looking at various models and your post reminded me to look again at the Soul. I'm not too bothered about looks and they seem to be decently valued amongst their peers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts