Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I saw the news this morning and thought the same when they said petrol prices were going up.

To be honest I am disappointed that there hasn't been a tanker driver strike in the last 12 months. I was planning to cruise up and down outside petrol stations looking shocked and saying to people 'do you not fuel up at home?'

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next month will be 12 months with the LEAF, and since november we've had no ICE vehicles in the household at all (just the LEAF) and it's really great.

I know there's downsides and I know not everyone can make it work, but being out of the "oil fuel/gas station" loop is very, very liberating.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Fuel prices have been unusually stable this year - and I have to admit I've found that really annoying (though with the caveat that my wife's car is ICE so I don't want prices to go up too much).

It took me a few weeks to shake off that feeling, when leaving work, of "Oh, I suppose I must be due to fill up..."

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
One perk/downside of an EREV is being in touch with petrol prices, but having some degree of control over how much you have to use ;) saw petrol earlier at Asda (whilst charging) at £1.26 per litre !

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I had to fill the tank today 126.9 at Sainsbury's, took 30 litres and I had only covered 2,401 miles in the 4 weeks since I last filled her up!
That's pretty awesome, I thought I did well filling up every 10 days !
Note to self, must try harder .....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts