Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a Jaguar I-Pace delivered to replace my hybrid Golf GTE.
I've been trying to register the vehicle with the Jaguar In-Control app for nearly a week and it's just not working at all.

I have set up the account fine, but it's the registering a vehicle to the account that's not working.

The instructions are completely wrong. I enter my VIN, it finds and lists the car, then there is no option to "Activate" or click anything else other than "back" or "Cancel". There is no "get started" button, and there is no option to "Continue Set Up".

I don't know whether it's the dealer who has screwed up (Lookers) or Jaguar.

This is what I'm presented with...

The top of the page says “To add it to your account, please read and accept the Terms & Conditions for the services connected to your vehicle, and continue setup.” There are no terms and conditions listed to accept.

The PDF manual is conflicting and says “Enter the last 8 characters of the vehicle’s VIN and search for the vehicle. Once the system has identified the vehicle you can add it to the account by pressing the “Next” button. There is no “Next” button.

It also says “Click the Get Started button.” There is no “Get Started” button. I have “Cancel” and “Back”.

Any help greatly received

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Take it back to the supplying dealer. A feature of the car has not been set up and hence it is defective. I'd suggest changing any passwords set to date to generic ones in case you have to let them know them to complete the task.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good idea except the car was supplied from Bicester, and I'm in south Wales. I don't want to do a "Dominic Cummings". I've tried to contact the technical guys there, but there's nobody answering the telephone, they're all working from home.

My sales contact is claiming it's"probably the Jaguar portal's fault". She "thinks there's been a recent update" and says it'll probably be fixed by Friday at the latest. However, I've little confidence.
The Jaguar technical guy has emailed me back and claims there the dealer has probably messed something up and promises to investigate.

Not heard a peep out out of either since. Not a great start. Looks almost as bad a level of service as I used to get from VW, and that's saying something.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
All very frustrating. It's ridiculous that Jaguar leave it up to the dealer to be involved in the process - a second factor in addition to the VIN (which is publicly accessible) should be included in the car to allow the pairing. I'd suspect the dealer and would go direct to the principal to get the sales persons attention focused.

·
Registered
Jaguar I pace
2 Posts
Just taken delivery of my I pace. Wonderful car, but cannot get connected with my phone either. Seems like the same issue as for Simon above. Never had this issue with my hybrid mini!. Any new findings?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I've DMd you the contact at Jaguar that fixed it for me. Let us know how you get on.

I believe they performed some sort of change to the Website.

·
Registered
Jaguar I pace
2 Posts
Thanks. Managed to sort it out. Went through the process over the web first and this then transferred to the app. Seems it is an issue with the mobile app.. all good and the car is fantastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts