Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed another mileage / battery test yesterday started off with a full charge showing 229 GOM miles. I drove a total of 117 miles with an average speed of 42 miles with no heat. Temperature was around 60 degrees. At the end of the trip, I drove 117 miles and had only 26 miles remaining (12%) showing so I lost around 86 miles.

When I put the I Pace back on charge with 26 miles / 12 % remaining, the battery took only 46 kw to top off the battery. this means there was still roughly 38kw remaining in the battery, so the pack was only discharged a bit over 50%. This is more than likely the missing 86 miles on the GOM.

When I divided my 117 miles into the 46 kw to recharge, it told me the cars drive train and motors are fine since my consumption is 2.54 miles per Kw, which is somewhat normal in cooler weather for the I Pace.

This might confirm the H264 update "More than Likely" just fixes the true bottom reading, so the battery can be depleted to the designed buffer space (3-4%). This might be the reason that many owners found they can run their Pre-H264 cars 20-30 miles after the GOM shows 0 miles. More than likely these cars are simply using the missing miles accumulated by the GOM's error to keep accurate readings.

Mike

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
363 Posts
Interesting and bewildering, a reading of 26 miles left after going through only about half the battery ... That H 264 is a big fix rather than an efficiency improvement. I assume ours will come with that version of the software in April.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts