Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After yesterday’s drama of endless faults, couldn’t clear any of them. Today, everything, bar the locks, is back to normal, even the back lights have turned off.

I’m really struggling to understand how all these errors just disappear overnight and wonder if IS3’s need lots of sleep, a bit like young children.

Tonight, I’m going to tuck it up especially early and see if extra sleep helps it cure its stuttering CarPlay problem.

The following all disappeared / fixed overnight

1) Lights won’t turn off
2) Couldn’t get in without the manual key
3) We connect lost my car and then decided to reinstate the original ID3 instead
4) Every error message ever created
5) No driver assist systems available - all greyed out
6) Mirrors won’t fold out
7) Says it’s not online, but clearly shows a 4G signal
8) Says there are updates, but won’t install them.
9) Says the user manual is being installed, but then hangs.
10) Tried a reset in the infotainment system, it pretends to do something for 5 minutes and then declares that a reset isn’t possible.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
After yesterday’s drama of endless faults, couldn’t clear any of them. Today, everything, bar the locks, is back to normal, even the back lights have turned off.

I’m really struggling to understand how all these errors just disappear overnight and wonder if IS3’s need lots of sleep, a bit like young children.

Tonight, I’m going to tuck it up especially early and see if extra sleep helps it cure its stuttering CarPlay problem.

The following all disappeared / fixed overnight

1) Lights won’t turn off
2) Couldn’t get in without the manual key
3) We connect lost my car and then decided to reinstate the original ID3 instead
4) Every error message ever created
5) No driver assist systems available - all greyed out
6) Mirrors won’t fold out
7) Says it’s not online, but clearly shows a 4G signal
8) Says there are updates, but won’t install them.
9) Says the user manual is being installed, but then hangs.
10) Tried a reset in the infotainment system, it pretends to do something for 5 minutes and then declares that a reset isn’t possible.
The car does go into some kind of deep sleep after 20 mins or so, I’m not at all surprised that it appears to have reset itself overnight, and faults have cleared.

However, there’s clearly more going on with the car, and it could be a malfunctioning module that’s causing the instability so I’m afraid it does need to go back for deeper investigation.

Not getting to the bottom of it will in no way give you any confidence in it.

Mine had 0564 from the factory, I ran it for 3 months with that and put up with the minor software glitches, that nearly always cleared overnight. I was always clear in my mind that VW would have one shot at installing 2.1 and if it didn’t clear the issues (no auto wipers and flaky ACC/left hand steering wheel buttons) then they’d be having it back and I’d be walking away.

Fortunately, mine was successful, but I’d heartily recommend that if yours doesn’t work, give them the one chance to inspect/fix and if that doesn’t work, then reject it.

When you get a 100% functioning one, it’s a good car.

·
Registered
ID3 Life
188 Posts
Having read yesterday’s woes last night I was standing by a car door resolutely refusing to open this morning. Half way through sharpening my forum pencils I had an epiphany and went back indoors for the correct keys 🙄 Turns out ID3 drivers need a decent sleep also 😂

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
452 Posts
Having read yesterday’s woes last night I was standing by a car door resolutely refusing to open this morning. Half way through sharpening my forum pencils I had an epiphany and went back indoors for the correct keys 🙄 Turns out ID3 drivers need a decent sleep also 😂
A funny story but sadly confidence and trust can drain quite quickly if a car lacks basic stability.
Thankfully my car has been very solid after the 2.1 update and I’m far more positive about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts