Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got my 2013 Zoe about a moth ago I have my suspicions that the TCU is not working as it should I cannot remember fully but the charging schedules seemed greyed out i think and online services like weather etc kept saying please try later and the bars said connected i think but the signal bars were not lit.

Car has already been in garage for 4 weeks with A/C fault and I was thinking of mentioning about that i think the TCU has a problem but i dont want this car away in the garage for any minute more than is needed . They have to remove the whole dash dont they just to get to the TCU unit which i believe is at top of dash just to right of r-link radio?

What are my implications of not having it working? - not too bothered about remote or timed charging, I would like the pre-conditioning but is that done by the TCU? - is the traffic updates done by TCU?
and what about battery rental /RCi ... what if they cannot log onto the TCU of the car... what happens there about charging etc ?

I suppose the answer is no, and if it is possible then Renault would be doing it instead of removing the whole dash, but if the r-link was removed from the dash would that gain any access to the TCU by reaching right up into the dash to where the TCU is located so even if i could , I dunno remove the SIM card and clean the contacts or remove the sim card and replace to see if that works... is that possible maybe?

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
Probably just the R-link subscription has run out.

If you pay for battery lease you can phone them up and they’ll activate it for free.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,421 Posts
If you don't care about remote controlling AC and charging and not interested in it's reporting back, no worries, the car is fine without a working TCU. I would not try to pry it out of the dash. It is possible without a full disassembly ( A peek under the dash… ) but it's a silly jobbie, and most of all, unneeded: Remove tcu from Zoe

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
Good news, you now (practically) own your battery 😂

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
In that they can’t disable charging if you stop paying. Depends how much you need a good credit rating 😂

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In that they can’t disable charging if you stop paying. Depends how much you need a good credit rating 😂
ah right i see thanks - i have not signed anything whatsoever yet to do with the battery rental ... no paperwork or anything to do with battery rental yet

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
ah right i see thanks - i have not signed anything whatsoever yet to do with the battery rental ... no paperwork or anything to do with battery rental yet
Your dealer really is on the ball.

Normally they don't let you take the car without filling out the battery lease form.

Good job as you won't get charged for the lease until you do.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
@Andy-Zoé-User hmm - they can’t do anything about it if you haven’t signed a credit agreement and they can’t disable charging 😂

I very much doubt they’re on the ball enough to even realise that the agreement hasn’t been signed, let alone match it to you.

There’s also enough plausible deniability that you “never received the forms”.

I do wonder if they’d ever catch up. If you kept the cash aside for backdated battery lease - best case you wouldn’t ever have to spend any of it, at worst it’ll be exactly what you budgeted 😂

Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User
1 - 10 of 10 Posts