Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I have had an EV since 2015 and have a class one charger fitted at home.
The cable is defective (needs to be wiggled around to get it to connect/charge) and I want to change the cable. It is secure at both the charger end and the plug end so it is defo a cable issue.

The numbering on the cable reads as follows:
EVE IEC 300/500v 3 x 2.5mm + 0.5mm 105*C HAOTONS

Where could I source this type of cable ?

Please don't tell me not to change this myself that is not what I am asking .... it is an easy job once I have the cable and it is easy to isolate the power.

Thanks everyone.

tHf

·
Registered
204 Posts
You’ve got a 16amp, I’ve got a 32amp for sale. If you ever go upto a 7kw charger will save you changing again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No thanks ... I will just get the cable ...that is a bit more than I want to pay.

Thanks again

Jim

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Hi everyone

I have had an EV since 2015 and have a class one charger fitted at home.
The cable is defective (needs to be wiggled around to get it to connect/charge) and I want to change the cable. It is secure at both the charger end and the plug end so it is defo a cable issue.

The numbering on the cable reads as follows:
EVE IEC 300/500v 3 x 2.5mm + 0.5mm 105*C HAOTONS

Where could I source this type of cable ?

Please don't tell me not to change this myself that is not what I am asking .... it is an easy job once I have the cable and it is easy to isolate the power.

Thanks everyone.

tHf
EvBitz can supply you with a replacement cable. Just tell them the length etc.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No thanks ... I will just get the cable ...that is a bit more than I want to pay.
Are you sure that you can replace just the cable? I understand that it needs a special tool to crimp the cable into the plug, not just an ordinary crimp tool.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
thanks for that Gary I will double check

jim
Suggest you speak to Martin at EvBitz. He can sell you bare cable, or could probable sort your existing lead, or new lead complete with new connector. He offers a repair service. A telephone call is all it takes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts