Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen in the past, and on other forums, that people get very interested in delivery timescales. I don't know how many decisions are actually changed because of a perceived excessive delay, but just in case it helps someone, here is my current experience.
Without taking too much liberty with the dates, the executive summary reads:
'Order 2nd week in November, Collect 2nd week in March', so 4 months.

Ordered a i3 LCI on 11th November 2017.
Have recently been told that anticipated delivery is '2nd week in February 2018'.
The salesman immediately went on to offer an unconditional delay until 'March' so the car would be registered on a 2018 plate.
I'm told I don't have to make a decision until "end of January/beginning of February".

As the first week in March only has two days (Thursday 1st, Friday 2nd) I can see collection day being in 'the second week in March' if I take up this offer.
Due to lack of previous opportunity I haven't looked too closely at the future selling price when buying a new car, but from what I've picked up on here I suspect the general feeling that waiting another 4 weeks to get a 2018 plate is probably considered the sensible option to take. Yes? No?

Regards

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to close this off; I did choose to take delivery on Friday 2nd March. When this wasn't confirmed by email I phoned the Dealership, to be told that 'Mark Stockman doesn't work here any longer'.
I didn't get an actual leaving date, but it became apparent that several actions had been left undone.
As I had anticipated, I actually took delivery on Tuesday 6th March.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts