Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until when is the £5K EV grant guaranteed, and is there any possible circumstance where an ordered I3 might arrive so late that you didn't get it?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Until when is the £5K EV grant guaranteed, and is there any possible circumstance where an ordered I3 might arrive so late that you didn't get it?
The grant application takes place at confirmed order, and so delivery time is immaterial. 50k vehicles or 2017 is the current review point. Expect OLEV to start thinking about what happens at that point late in 2015.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
What is the current lead time on an i3 anyway... thinking of what to do come May when the E-Up goes back..

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
At the SMMT today at the EV Working Group. OLEV came long with massive update - they have already started the PICG roadmap and will publish it early in the new year. I won't share the detail, but there is *no* hard stop at 50k, expected in early 2016.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Yes this idea that its a grant is BS, the supplier pockets the money its a con and in some ways I wish there were no grants so then people cant rub it in your face, for sure when the grant goes the list price will drop 5K which basically tells you they have been pocketing the money all along, although they will then spin it so it looks like they are doing you a favour. The Nissan Leafs initial price didnt come down when the pricing was banded about it was marked up to be marked down, just like all good carpet salesmen do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts