Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Just found this forum and thought I'd report in.

I've had my i3 (REx) for 10 days and am slowly adapting to the EV life. And it's pretty damn good!

Until I collected my new car, I'd never so much as sat in an EV let alone driven one so everything is entirely new to me. I'll update with how I'm getting on.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's relatively simple to answer. My employer pays me a pretty decent car allowance - the terms of which state that I must have a car less than 4 years old for business use (but they still always pay a cycling allowance or rail fares!). My previous car had reached a low mileage seven years old and I thought I'd really better get a new one before someone gets round to checking. So I started idly (and unenthusiastically) looking at cars.

Having a curiousity about EVs, the Zoe launch piqued my interest. But the prospect of dealing with Renault turned me off (the car looks great but I have old and probably outdated memories of Renault!). Then BMW announced the i3 and, without much thought, I ordered one the day they opened the books. I had briefly considered the Tesla S - but I thought it was too big, too American and too expensive to justify as an unnecessary experiment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts