Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just noticed that my 2018 driver door seal is showing signs of perishing at the bottom (see picture) and wondered if anyone else had same issue. Mine has just recently had its end of warranty check but might try raise this with dealer as not picked up during the check and suspect seals should last much longer than 3 years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like wear and tear from people stepping on it to get in the back? Mines a 2018 and like new, but I don’t have rear passengers.
You may also find seals and rubbers are wear and tear under warranty.

·
Registered
2015 BMW i3 REx 60ah, Solar Orange
120 Posts
It's wear and tear as mentioned from trailing feet and legs getting in and out the car. Now if I remember, you'll need to remove the plastic tread plate trim to remove the rubber weather strip. Straight forward DIY fix if you don't mind tackling these things. Trim tools would be useful, and silicone spray.

You can see parts diagrams on Hubauer Shop (Germany) or call local BMW dealer for a price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Unlikely due to rear passenger access as the damage is near driver footwell (and I've had very few rear passengers in the car). I suspect it is damage due to heavy footed driver(s) before my ownership - it was a BMW dealer runaround for the 1st year of its life before I bought it. Will check the 3year OEM warranty to claritfy but doubtful it covers seals, as Mits mentioned, probably considered wear & tear. Have sprayed with some silicone lubricant to hopefully reduce further deterioration. If worsens, will probably replace as DIY job (thanks spartacus for the heads-up on Hubauer).

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts