Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW iX3 Premier Pro / Nissan Leaf 2021 e+tekna (ordered)
665 Posts
Seen the Carwow video?
Even if the m3 is quicker, at least the BMW is a well made quality, engaging to drive car as well as being a quick BEV 😂

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hahaahah! Yes sir. But the price difference is not astronomical and certainly worth it!
What are the i4 M50 service costs and schedule? I also assume you haver to continue them for 8 years to keep your BMW battery warranty, on top of the £10k-£15k extra you pay over the equivalent Tech Tesla.

Curious of this additional cost over 8 years ownership. Tesla is easy. £0.00.

·
Registered
665 Posts
What are the i4 M50 service costs and schedule? I also assume you haver to continue them for 8 years to keep your BMW battery warranty, on top of the £10k-£15k extra you pay over the equivalent Tech Tesla.

Curious of this additional cost over 8 years ownership. Tesla is easy. £0.00.
Not technically true, tesla say every 3 years to change hepa filter, every 6k rotate tyres, every 2 years test and change brake fluid if required, desiccant bag replacement every 6 years.

So yes not a lot, but also not zero pounds either.

BMW have a dealers network, so every 2 years we do those checks and changes there. Yes those costs may be a bit more at a dealer, but at least they do all the ancillary checks at the same time as well, after all a trained person is probably (I say probably) better at detecting any possible issues that the car may have picked up, that owners wouldn't notice.

And yeah even our checks are just filters and fluids as well.

Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Number Darkness

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Not technically true, tesla say every 3 years to change hepa filter, every 6k rotate tyres, every 2 years test and change brake fluid if required, desiccant bag replacement every 6 years.

BMW have a dealers network, so every 2 years we do those checks and changes there. Yes those costs may be a bit more at a dealer, but at least they do all the ancillary checks at the same time as well, after all a trained person is probably (I say probably) better at detecting any possible issues that the car may have picked up, that owners wouldn't notice.

View attachment 163447
All of the above can be done either yourself for free, (filter and tyres, and who rotates tyres in the UK ffs? I never have, they only bother in the USA as garages offer to do it for free). Brake fluid i could use an Indy. no need to pay Tesla prices, an Indy did my Volt brake fluid but i didnt bother until 119k miles, and im would evedn consider changing any cars brake fluid until 100k+ miles, they are sealed systems, water and air cant get in unless you have a leak.

So i ask again, what are the BMW i4 M50 service schedule and prices, and is it required for the length of the 8 year battery warranty, or if you skip "services" do BMW invalidate any battery warranty claim?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nothing special, every 2 years for filters. Yes can't use indi's (well can but who wants the argument). That's about it... Like tesla, our brakes work with regen too, and all our systems are enclosed too.

Oh and the battery warranty has nothing to do with ownership changes or services as long as a maintenance task can't be proven to have cause cell/pack issues.. The same as tesla...

BMW centers may cost a little more, but at least we get a real interior and suspension as compensation.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
35,530 Posts
Seems a bit slow in the 0-60 specifications for what it is, but as a value proposition it'd certainly get my attention compared with the other boring >£50k stuff that passes for high value BEVs. If I had the money ....

·
Registered
17 Posts

View attachment 163447
On a Tesla an oil change is also recommended. And yes, the drive train also uses oil, and I’ve seen already some oil-leaking model 3s/Ys. So the fantasy story that Teslas do not require any maintenance is complete fantasy.

In general, electric drivetrains are way more simple than it’s ICE counterparts but not completely maintenance-free. And being all of them new technology for which we don’t know what’s going to be the main points of failure, regular maintenance should still be a thing.

And after having spent €70k+ on the car, for sure it’s something I’m not going to do myself. I’ve better things to do.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
35,530 Posts
So the fantasy story that Teslas do not require any maintenance is complete fantasy.
I thought "the fantasy story that Teslas do not require any maintenance" is a reality; there is definitely 'this' story of fantasy that pervades reality?

😏

Words mean exactly what I want them to mean said the white hatter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts