Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I sent the salesman that I dealt with when I bought my i3 an email last week asking when they were getting an i8 in. He didn't reply, I think he knows fine well that I can't afford one :D

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think all specific i dealers will have one at least to look at might not get a drive though, there is a link on Twitter from the Oxford dealer.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I sent the salesman that I dealt with when I bought my i3 an email last week asking when they were getting an i8 in. He didn't reply, I think he knows fine well that I can't afford one :D
But still, look after your customers. Treat them like the customers you'd like them to be, not that they appear to be now.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Who knows what's happened in your life in the meantime. Maybe you won the lottery or had money bequeathed to you.
A good salesman shoudl never prejudge, especially on appearances.

It's one of the reasons I've been so loyal to my local Mazda dealer over the years. I've been given the brush-off by so many dealers (partly because I used to look so much younger than my years, partly because I loathe formal clothes so tend to look scruffy) who judged me with no knowledge of my financial status (I can't afford a Tesla now because of my own bad money management - but on a simple salary calculation I definitely could!). My Mazda dealer didn't prejudge me 20 years ago; as a result I bought a car from them then, and have bought 6 cars since.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Modest too. :p ;)
You'll notice I said "used to"! I have plenty of evidence to back up the claim (such as nearly being refused entry to a 21+ event when I was 30)...

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
One of my neighbours won the lottery... a cool half-million!

So it could happen and sales people would be wise to remember that especially when dealing with me as I expect to win the lottery very soon ;)

·
Leaf lover
4,592 Posts
Went to Fairfields in Southend.
Saw the i8, sat in it, walked round, had a coffee, collected a price list, went home.
The i8 looks great.
At 5’-6” and weighing in at 10 stone (it’s my diet and walking the dog) the car is made for me.
Watching a bloke 6’-5” and 15 stone getting out of the back seat and then back into the front I somehow could not see him buying one. He was in the back seat when I arrived.
Would I buy one if I had more money than sense? Of course.
Was I excited about it? No.
Would I be if it were just electric? Yes.
My Leaf excites me every day because it is, just electric!
I desire an i3 because I can have one that is just electric and I like its looks. I must have one before I get much older.
But why did BMW bother with the electric side of the i8 unless they plan to ditch the ice in later models?
Then it will be just electric!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts