Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid up and put my name on the Ampera site in August. To put it mildly I have been disappionted at the resulting lack of information from GM. I have however studied the info / videos available about the Chevy Volt.

I am retired and have had my present car for all of its 7+ years and 97,000 miles. (Vauxhall Signum Elite 2.0T) We also run a Honda Jazz.

I live about 15 miles to the south of Bristol, next to a motorway. Therefore I am looking to see if the Ampera will be a worthwhile replacement for my Signum considering my mixed type of mileage.
I also worry about how far the dealer will be away from my home.

I am hoping this site will grow and become a prime source of independant information.

Best wishes

Ian

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Hi iand and Welcome.

I think everyone is disappointed with the lack of info from Vauxhall. Considering it is due for launch in only 4 months now (May 2012) I would have thought they would be ramping up the interest... apparently not!

I would imagine that the Ampera might be a good replacement for your Vauxhall Signum but you won;t have as much space. If you can live with that then it could be a very good choice.

Dealers is something we are all waiting on with baited breath too. I live in Saltash, Cornwall... 5 miles from Plymouth... and I know that my nearest dealer is likely to be Exeter. There are going to be just 25ish selling dealers at first but many more dealers will be trained up as servicing dealers. Vauxhall was going to announce the dealers when they opened the order book but they have delayed both. We have no idea when they will start to accept firm orders.

I know this site is small now and I thank you for signing up but like you I expect that once the car is launched and people start driving them that membership will grow.

Happy New Year!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts