Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My first post on this forum, currently awaiting delivery of new ZE50.

Meantime Im hoovering up as much information as I can and have recently joined this forum, which has been a wealth of information.

I have searched but could not find any link to the document in the title, so I have attached a link here :

NOTE LINK NOT POSTED AS ITS MY FIRST POST AND ITS NOT ALLOWED TO CONTAIN A LINK. So I’ll post this without the link and will try to add the link in a second post...

I think it important that people on this forum have their views made known, as otherwise I can see all the feedback coming from ICE owning community - which will inevitably be to ban the ban if you see what I mean.

For background, I have been a petrolhead for years and was horrified when I heard of the proposed ban. Then I thought about it.

Within a few days we had ordered our first EV for Swmbo (her ICE car PCP is due shortly so now was the time to jump). I am seriously considering moving out of my current ICE too.

However I will be keeping my Morgan, and just live with any restrictions that may come my way in the future. It’s very much a hobby car doing maybe 3000 miles a year.

So despite my initial misgivings have provided my feedback on the consultation, supporting the forthcoming ban one new ICE and hybrids- a position I never anticipated!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I’m gobsmacked that this Is all the government has produced. You normally get a few dozen pages of background leading to targeted questions on which you can make informed comment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You and me both @Astolat . I ended up sending a longish e mail, if everyone does the same then who knows how long it will take to read them - if they even bother. Cynically I suspect the consultation is window dressing and the decision is already made.Kind of like when a business enters a “consultation period” when making redundancies...

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,242 Posts
I sent a longish email as well. Maybe they found the more free form submissions ended up being more useful?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts