Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen this out and about?

There is a Hyundai Tucson that I regularly see on my commute and underneath the Hyundai badge on the back they have stuck on a "All Electric" badge. Looks like one from an Ionic.

WHY?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,593 Posts
Has anyone else seen this out and about?

There is a Hyundai Tucson that I regularly see on my commute and underneath the Hyundai badge on the back they have stuck on a "All Electric" badge. Looks like one from an Ionic.

WHY?
There are some strange folks about, there have always been badge shenanigans going on, but usually it’s stuff like sticking an M badge on a BMW 318i…

They’ll be getting a green number plate next!

If I ever see the Tucson in a charge bay, I’ll offer to help them plug it in.

Mind you, there’s an outside chance it could have been an electric conversion?

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could it have been a car bought from All Electric Garages, Kings Heath, Birmingham? Ioniq badge just states "electric" BTW (y)
Oh maybe! It was a proper silver badge though not a sticker

·
Registered
Ioniq
718 Posts
"All Electric" is a company with two dealerships in the West Midlands; there are a few places that put a proper badge on their cars and they are one of them. It is very confusing! I've seen a few around on our travels and thought the same thing.

They have been around a lot longer than EVs have, but it is increasingly confusing the more cars actually are all electric...

·
Registered
133 Posts
"All Electric" is a company with two dealerships in the West Midlands; there are a few places that put a proper badge on their cars and they are one of them. It is very confusing! I've seen a few around on our travels and thought the same thing.

They have been around a lot longer than EVs have, but it is increasingly confusing the more cars actually are all electric...
ahhh this explains it. I was behind a Skoda Kodiaq the other day and was completely confused as to why it had all electric on it in the same badge as the kodiak on the rear. Makes sense now.

·
Registered
Ioniq
718 Posts
I wonder if they will eventually keep the name and go EV only, change the name or do something else... it can't be very good for sales given that if you google "all electric cars" they don't appear at all...

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you have solved it Team! I was near Tewkesbury so not too far from the west midlands.

There was me about to pull them over and perform a citizens arrest....

·
Registered
626 Posts
I drove past an old Fiat a few days ago with a green number plate! Pretty sure Fiat were not selling EV’s in 2008! It was a proper plate too not just a green sticker. I guess you can just order one off eBay.

Thought I was imagining things but my wife and son also clocked it and pointed it out.

Why? Does this mean EV’s are now considered cool enough to want to give the impression you own one

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,116 Posts
I drove past an old Fiat a few days ago with a green number plate! Pretty sure Fiat were not selling EV’s in 2008! It was a proper plate too not just a green sticker. I guess you can just order one off eBay.

Thought I was imagining things but my wife and son also clocked it and pointed it out.

Why? Does this mean EV’s are now considered cool enough to want to give the impression you own one
Maybe someone's trying to game the new ULEZ in Bath & Birmingham

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe someone's trying to game the new ULEZ in Bath & Birmingham
Id have thought these were number plate recognition and not the green stripe though as most EVs on the road atm dont have a green strip.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The name comes from the fact the were using all electric fuel pumps (ironic now) and the brand has been around a very long time. All electric garages were also useless when I wanted to buy an Ioniq BEV, stating that they don't have a demo car or display model as they can't get stock.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,780 Posts
There was a time when 'All Electric' meant electric windows, electric seats, etc.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq 38 2016 Leaf 30 gone
154 Posts

I was overtaken yesterday by an 18 plate Prius minicab with what looked like a proper perspex green flash number plate? :unsure:
I thought only all electric cars qualified, probably another eBay ordered plate then?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Just to clear this up even though what I wrote about should have done that.

"In 1917, the "All Electric Garage" was the first garage in England to be equipped with electric petrol pumps. Fifty years later in 1967, John Leek - our chairman - invested in our first garage based in Greenfield Road, Harborne. In 1968, our second site opened opposite the original "All Electric Garage" the country’s first self- service petrol station (hence our name!) "

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,092 Posts
Just to clear this up even though what I wrote about should have done that.

"In 1917, the "All Electric Garage" was the first garage in England to be equipped with electric petrol pumps. Fifty years later in 1967, John Leek - our chairman - invested in our first garage based in Greenfield Road, Harborne. In 1968, our second site opened opposite the original "All Electric Garage" the country’s first self- service petrol station (hence our name!) "
Ha! Their url is finally, really going to come into its own in the next 10-15 years or so.

But then eventually it’ll be weird again when all cars are fully electric and the apparent distinction will just seem odd.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts