Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time I've come across being ICE'D (wife drives the Zoe most of the time) and actually felt a bit annoyed at the driver doing this.

I waited a few minutes but he didn't return.

Do we have any 'notes' we could leave on the windscreen to educate people???

Attachments

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Notes aren't waterproof, we should consider using an aerosol can of fluorescent paint...
I have a book of post-its in the car.. I've left semi-friendly messages to people. Silly stuff like "Can you please leave me details of where I can buy an electric Mondeo"

Drivers side wing mirror glass is a good spot.

I have a cheap label printer, and a roll of post-it equivalent removable stickers, I really should make up something more professional.

Designs and messages gratefully accepted :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
I thought about writing a little ditty but didn't get very far, maybe we could write one between us (This is not my thing)

Please don't park in this place
As its a electricity charging space
I need it to make it home
So the wife doesn't moan.......................etc etc

I thought it may be a little easier to swallow than a telling off

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
first time I've come across being ICE'D (wife drives the Zoe most of the time) and actually felt a bit annoyed at the driver doing this.

Looking at the photo it seems the layout of this particular chargepoint is ideal in that it seems to be easily accesible from two charging bays and the low emissions bays behind as well. I have never seen these low emission spaces myself, what is the deal with these? The more usual layout seems to just assume the public will respect signs and leave the space clear, which they apparently do not. What we need is for it to become socially unacceptable like parking in disabled spaces.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I thought about writing a little ditty but didn't get very far, maybe we could write one between us (This is not my thing)

Please don't park in this place
As its a electricity charging space
I need it to make it home
So the wife doesn't moan.......................etc etc

I thought it may be a little easier to swallow than a telling off
Dear Mr Taxi Driver,

you must spend a lot of time in your car
you might be too lazy to walk very far
but there are other spaces that are worthy of a punt
so please don't park here again you selfish man.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did send the photo to the well known company in Sheffield with a brief explanation of what had happened and why the taxi shouldn't be parked there, this is the reply I got back:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding one of our drivers. I can confirm I have identified the driver in question and I have spoken to him at great length with regards to parking his vehicle appropriately. The driver in question has asked me to pass on his apologies for any inconvenience he may have caused you due to his actions.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

I suppose it's something, whether they did or didn't speak to him I don't know....

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
What we need is for it to become socially unacceptable like parking in disabled spaces.
Blimey....people in Norwich must be more considerate than people in Nottingham. I'd say 50% of disabled car park spaces in stores are occupied by vehicles with no blue badge. Of course on the roads it's a different story because Nottm City Council have a whole army of wardens patrolling.

Reactions: Andy Parr

·
Registered
365 Posts

a bit crappy but better than nothing........ might bring the blood pressure down a bit? :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Actually if you take the taxi plate number not the reg but the license number on the taxi plate, and report him to the local council/authority he could in theory have his badge taken away,bit extreme but i will leave it to you,same applies if a taxi parks in a disabled bay without a blue badge or disabled passenger.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@Graham interesting you say this, as I've just had this reply from taxi licensing:

In regards to the private hire vehicle I have written to the driver and issued him with a defect notice. This defect notice will remain on the drivers file any will be referred to in future should we further complaints.

So it seems true!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts