·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest update on deliveries...

·
Registered
412 Posts
So they can't fix the software, and are asking people to take the car with less functionality if they want it earlier, or wait until late Q4 '20/Q1 '21 to get it fully working as advertised.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they can't fix the software, and are asking people to take the car with less functionality if they want it earlier, or wait until late Q4 '20/Q1 '21 to get it fully working as advertised.
And 1000's of cars are sitting in storage lots ready built, so why does it take so long to deliver them? Bizarre.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna
260 Posts
Interesting about the "1st Movers Club"... Basically they're making those who take delivery first beta testers and giving them three months free leasing in return.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems to be pretty minor omissions on the software - Apple Car Play / Google Play, and a distance reading on the HUD. These will be added 4th Quarter or 1st Quarter 2021. Looks like delivery is on programme too.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,685 Posts
At the moment any delays actually benefit myself, so looks like a wait for fully functioning version also with UK only one 1st version now looks disappointingly expensive.

·
Registered
412 Posts
And 1000's of cars are sitting in storage lots ready built, so why does it take so long to deliver them? Bizarre.
I would say it is a bit of a logistical nightmare, what with the current situation and different countries in different stages of lockdown etc.

I think the fact they still a haven't given a price for the UK market is an utter joke though, but it is looking likely to be ID.3 1st Basic to be £39,900 prior to grant but with 20% VAT. That is based on the German price of €40k with the incentives included.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would say it is a bit of a logistical nightmare, what with the current situation and different countries in different stages of lockdown etc.

I think the fact they still a haven't given a price for the UK market is an utter joke though, but it is looking likely to be ID.3 1st Basic to be £39,900 prior to grant but with 20% VAT. That is based on the German price of €40k with the incentives included.
Oops - I believe you have been misinformed. The UK gets the mid-spec "Plus" and VW have already stated on their UK website "The recommended on-the-road purchase price for the ID.3 First Edition is currently anticipated to be between £36,000 - £39,000 (incl VAT)".

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oops - I believe you have been misinformed. The UK gets the mid-spec "Plus" and VW have already stated on their UK website "The recommended on-the-road purchase price for the ID.3 First Edition is currently anticipated to be between £36,000 - £39,000 (incl VAT)".
Anticipated - that is a concrete statement if I've ever read one.

£39,900 - I'm sticking with my estimation until they actually advertise a price on their own website with a buy button next to it.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it’s high time they actually confirmed the price. Ballpark is not acceptable this late in the process

Reactions: JohnK

·
Registered
542 Posts
But even the “plus” is missing features that we had as standard on our Leaf Trina that we had over 4 years ago.
Having a VW Golf GTE I know how much range is affected with the resistance heater - I don’t want an EV without a heat pump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anticipated - that is a concrete statement if I've ever read one.

£39,900 - I'm sticking with my estimation until they actually advertise a price on their own website with a buy button next to it.
An interesting opinion - lets wait and see how accurate you are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts