Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

601 - 620 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Today my ID3 Tour 77 kWh arrived at the dealer's. Had to go there to sign a form for the registration, quickly checked the software version. It (still) has the 0783 software. The man who sold me the car didn't know if it will be updated before delivery.
0783 is the latest available version so that sounds right. 0783 = 2.0. At some point we'll all be getting 2.1, but that's not available yet.

Most people, myself included, have found 0783 to be pretty stable and largely (though not entirely!) bug free.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
The man who sold me the car didn't know if it will be updated before delivery.
I was told by my dealer on Saturday that VW have told them 2.1 is expected towards the end of March but they did not seem confident that it would be. Apparently VW have told them that 2.1 will "fix all the issues" with my car, which I'm not sure anyone believes. Either way, I'm not going to wait another minimum of 6 weeks...

I was told that the errors had been cleared up and it was fine to collect my car on Saturday. I got in the car in their car park & the errors popped up as soon as I put my foot in the brake to start it... I left it there and am back in their diesel Polo. It had apparently been tested the day before and also on Saturday morning with no issues. It's unclear if it's a software issue or hardware, and seems everyone is at a loss on how to fix the car, so I've asked them what my options are to have it replaced.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family
187 Posts
A few of the FB group reporting that they're booked in for 2.1 as early as Friday.....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
A few of the FB group reporting that they're booked in for 2.1 as early as Friday.....
There's so much inconsistency among the dealer network. Very much a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. As I said above, I was told on Saturday that the ETA was end of March & they were not confident of even that.

I've not been able to actually speak to anyone from my dealership since Saturday. Apparently no-one has been there who knows what's going on with my car (not a good sign). If the 2.1 update is indeed available this week I guess I'll give them one final chance that the update may fix my issues, but I very much doubt it...

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
159 Posts
Spoke with my dealer yesterday, they had heard nothing concrete about 2.1 availability.

I gave them a list of current issues with my car, they booked it in for March 1st but we’ve agreed that will be dependent on 2.1 as none of the issues warrant a separate visit so it might as well just go in once.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've just seen this on the GTE forum. I was having problems with the keyless function not recognising my touch when I was trying to lock the car from either front door. Unlocking worked OK. Since 2.0 firmware was installed it's gradually got better, which makes me wonder if the 12V was low and the firmware update has improved the 12V state of charge. All of my lockdown journeys have been local so short, which probably doesn't give enough time to recharge a lead acid battery. I find it works best if I put my palm on the handle rather than just using my thumb.

Does anyone know the 12V battery spec? I have a 12V battery tester which I should have dug out when I had disconnected the battery to cure my 4g problem last week. It needs to know the cold cranking amps (CCA) figure for the battery. I suspect there will be a lot of early 12V battery failures on the cars that were delivered with early firmware.
Our ID.3 12v battery is a Varta 51 Ah, 280A DIN, 480A SAE. I understand it is a Lead Calcium flooded battery. Seems fairly standard for VW.

I am interested to learn your test results.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My car will be handed to me next tuesday, they postponed it from the initial appointment on saterday, apparently because they need to do an update to the software, which was already 0783 (2.0). Very curious what will be on it...
As are we all! If it has a higher number than 0783 on it when you collect, photos to this thread please! :D

Also... enjoy your new car when you get it on Tuesday!!

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,494 Posts
Without being asked, my dealer contacted me today to say there is still no date for when the 2.1 update is available. I'm impressed they are on the case!

·
Registered
679 Posts
2.1 is rolling out next week (8) and my car will be updated some time then. I work at an official dealer so I just do it when they yell me in.

Warm weekend wishes from cold Norway:
Oooh... they look so pretty in the snow!

Also, the mysterious 'Deep Throat'-esque avatar goes really nicely with the insider scoop nature of this information! :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ours is going in on Monday for an update, it'll be interesting to see which version, we're coming from 564 so hopefully we'll be happy. Fingers crossed it solves our charging issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oooh... they look so pretty in the snow!

Also, the mysterious 'Deep Throat'-esque avatar goes really nicely with the insider scoop nature of this information! :D
Good evening sir. My avatar is linked to my google account and was chosen due to a lack of creativity.

My ID.3 was in today for a BECM unit change for the SOS call function and when they called me they said they could also take the 2.1 update next week. If this is of interest for some of you I will push forward Monday morning so it could be done as fast as possible and provide information and pictures.

601 - 620 of 770 Posts