Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

641 - 660 of 770 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 2.1 will do absolutely nothing other than enable OTA updates. What happens after that will be the more interesting phase. For example, will VW publish patch notes of the updates they push to cars, like Tesla do? I very much doubt it but would be happy to be proved wrong!
I think OTA updates will be the only new feature, but there may be a few little bug fixes thrown in for good measure. Starting to get really irked by the infotainment not successfully switching between VW screens and CarPlay without having to go back into the main menu and then back into CarPlay most of the time. Not the end of the world or anything, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a few little UI bug fixes will make their way into 2.1

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 2.1 will do absolutely nothing other than enable OTA updates. What happens after that will be the more interesting phase. For example, will VW publish patch notes of the updates they push to cars, like Tesla do? I very much doubt it but would be happy to be proved wrong!
We’ve certainly seen reports that 2.1 was still in test hence the delay in ID4 launch. That doesn’t sound like just implementing OTA.
But as you imply I’m sure there will be a bundle of bug fixing and some functionality very soon either in 2.1 or 2.1+OTA1.0.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've just heard from VW Executive that 2.1 will be released on 10 March (despite being previously told it was due out last week).

·
Registered
ID3 on order
77 Posts
A reminder.

Hmm did it solve it though? It still seems to have a fairly high parasitic drain but now the drive battery is putting a sticking plaster over it, but my biggest take away from that is why the hell is it waiting for the 12v to get that low before sticking some charge in it. Yes the car doesn’t need to spin a starter but cycling it down that low regularly is going to knock the life out of it really quick.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmm did it solve it though? It still seems to have a fairly high parasitic drain but now the drive battery is putting a sticking plaster over it, but my biggest take away from that is why the hell is it waiting for the 12v to get that low before sticking some charge in it. Yes the car doesn’t need to spin a starter but cycling it down that low regularly is going to knock the life out of it really quick.
Had AA out to check 12v battery today and 10 to 27A out of 12v battery until main power pack took over. So possibly why issues if battery less than ideal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First ID.4 arrived today and I believe they come with 2.1 firmware but cant confirm this. Car was in transport mode and I was in a hurry so I didn’t bother check.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ve had assorted charging issues today and may still have to go to 2.0 (from 0564) if 2.1 is going faff on for too long.
Cable got stuck with red light on in an Ionity and wouldn't release until the nice french lady rebooted the charger. Then went to my usual Osprey and it failed with red light but worked 2nd time. After finishing the ID light kept flashing and the display indicated charging for a couple of minutes while I was driving off before it cleared.
I’m assuming its a software issue. Hopefully it will clear overnight and I can hang on for 2.1!

·
EGGY
1,448 Posts
I've found the charge cable won't release on our local Osprey and my Zappi home charger, locking and unlocking the car has worked for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've found the charge cable won't release on our local Osprey and my Zappi home charger, locking and unlocking the car has worked for me.
Sadly that didn’t work for me or repeatedly pressing unlock button. I thought I was heading for pulling the yellow cable territory until the nice french lady rescued me.
Not nice being stuck like that, with the feeling of no way out. Like what are the AA going to do?? It’s the sort of thing that erodes basic trust in the car.

·
EGGY
1,448 Posts
I've still yet to be able to find the yellow pull cable, found the red one ! When I have a bit more mobility back I'll have another feel around for it, the time I need it it will undoubtedly be dark and raining

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've still yet to be able to find the yellow pull cable, found the red one ! When I have a bit more mobility back I'll have another feel around for it, the time I need it it will undoubtedly be dark and raining
It’s to the right of the red one. A little higher maybe. If you yank it I guess you have to pull out the cable at the same time? Unless it ‘permanently’ disengages the locking pins?? The handbook says take it to the garage after, if you use it, so it’s a last resort thing...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ours is going in on Monday for an update, it'll be interesting to see which version, we're coming from 564 so hopefully we'll be happy. Fingers crossed it solves our charging issues.
And it's still in... no updates (haha) from the garage, but I have noticed that the departure option is now visible on the WeConnect app. They've provided us with a loaner iD3, so frankly they can take their time to get it right.

When it's back, the testing begins and I'll report here if anything interesting, particularly relating to better charging compatibility.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Some of us are known to cut away the 3 small plastic locking tabs at the EVSE end of our Type-2 cables, and rely on the car locking the car's end for security. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Two people on the UK ID3 Owners Facebook group say the 'Executive Office' has told 2.1 will be rolled out in the UK from 10th March. Coms to '1st Movers' should be going out this weekend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Two people on the UK ID3 Owners Facebook group say the 'Executive Office' has told 2.1 will be rolled out in the UK from 10th March. Coms to '1st Movers' should be going out this weekend.
The ‘1st Movers’ club and discounts
wasn’t in the UK was it??
Hopefully this is talking about 1st Editions in general 😛

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
159 Posts
The ‘1st Movers’ club and discounts
wasn’t in the UK was it??
Hopefully this is talking about 1st Editions in general 😛
Yes it was.

VW would be doing the right thing in giving their cars the update before the rest of us.

641 - 660 of 770 Posts