Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of these have probably been posted elsewhere but, here are a few that I've noticed. My car has 0570 firmware installed. I'm sure there are more but these are some to start the thread.

1. Drive system error - this has happened twice and it disables drive selection so you can't change between D and B mode or go into reverse. It also disables the cruise control
2. Miss-reading of speed signs, changes the cruise control from 40 mph to 25 mph, 50 mph to 30 mph, which someone else has suggested it's reading the signs as kph.
3. Reading speed signs on slip roads of dual carriage way (when you are still on the dual carriage way) and changing the speed accordingly.
4. Aircon pump turning itself on making a vibrating noise which can be felt through the floor of the car and through the steering wheel.
5. Heated seats and steering wheel don't automatically turn themselves on when the temperature is low enough for this to happen automatically.
6. SOS error warning, navigation freezes at the location where this happened.
7. Heated steering wheel changing the automatic turning on setting to low regardless of the setting that it was put on.
8. Intermittent loud double click from the near side A pillar speaker. I think this is related to the radio changing between DAB and FM automatically as there is often a fidelity change after the click.
9. Keyless entry works ok, but buttons on the door handle no longer locking the car and I have to resort to the key.
10. Slow infotainment screen particularly when first turned on.
11. ID light bar shows which way to turn on side streets but doesn't show the exit on roundabouts or slip roads on dual carriage way.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
577 Posts
I also have 0570 installed.

I've had 2, 3 and 10.

5 and 11 are more feature requests - good ones though :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With respect to 5 you can set them to automatically turn on when the temperature is low in the climate control menu, They sometimes turn on and at others they don't even when it's a similar or lower temperature.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Possibly related to Bug #2, I have the M2.0 0782 s'ware in. I've turned on the overspeed warning option, and set it to 5 mph (can also be 0 mph or 3 mph over), to see what this does. Noticed a warning triangle popping up at top of speedo saying "40 mph exceeded" or similar. This is as I turn out of my side road, onto main local road (40 limit), fairly briskly to get going, but I haven't yet reached 30 mph!! Also happened as I left driveway, in 30 limit area, saying 20 mph has been exceeded! No idea what's going on, but looks like that kph->mph beastie.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly related to Bug #2, I have the M2.0 0782 s'ware in. I've turned on the overspeed warning option, and set it to 5 mph (can also be 0 mph or 3 mph over), to see what this does. Noticed a warning triangle popping up at top of speedo saying "40 mph exceeded" or similar. This is as I turn out of my side road, onto main local road (40 limit), fairly briskly to get going, but I haven't yet reached 30 mph!! Also happened as I left driveway, in 30 limit area, saying 20 mph has been exceeded! No idea what's going on, but looks like that kph->mph beastie.
Thanks for the reminder, my car used to do this all the time with it's original firmware, when it was upgraded to 0570 it's stopped doing this. My car's currently back with the dealer, I suspect they've been updating the firmware overnight as the battery percentage has dropped by 5% since I checked yesterday.

Incidentally I always thought it curious that my old Renault dealer (for my Zoe) never twigged that you could see on the app that the car hadn't moved since I dropped it off when they lied to me about having been looking at it all day. The car sent a date stamped battery charge status when it was turned off!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Collected on the 15th and okay till today. On software 570. All my rear lights bar the fog light stopped working. And in the crappy darkness and rain, was not a good time for this to occur.

Unsure if this is a symptom of the S/W but it was enough for my wife to say get the GTE back!! Software glitches I can deal with but this was dangerous.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,398 Posts
Collected on the 15th and okay till today. On software 570. All my rear lights bar the fog light stopped working. And in the crappy darkness and rain, was not a good time for this to occur.

Unsure if this is a symptom of the S/W but it was enough for my wife to say get the GTE back!! Software glitches I can deal with but this was dangerous.
I’ve not heard of that one before, seems like there are some variations to the known bugs.

Maybe the original strains are mutating...

Have they started working again, or is it a hardware fault?

·
Registered
365 Posts
They have now started working again and while out by myself floored it to make me feel better. Mid range punch is great, picks up speed so smoothly and quickly. Problem is the car is so smooth and quiet you are travelling much faster than you think you are. Still annoyed about the lights though, I’ll report it to VW and see if it is a known issue.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
580 Posts
That's not very good, I wonder if its a wiring issue we have another car that has a loose wire on it's license plate light, doesn't particularly bother me I just have to remember to check it and hit it if necessary come MOT time, brake lights etc would be a little more serious though!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've recently had a freeze on various functions such as climate management after trying to change 'driving on the right' to 'driving on the left'.
Still not managed to change that setting. I'm on 0564, not sure if that's a 0570 fix?

·
Registered
365 Posts
@Boicey I am on 570 and when I reset everything I found mine switched to back the default driving on the right and I could not change to the left. However after I drove the car for a short period it set itself to driving on the left. But of a weird one. Once all these issues have been resolved it will be a great car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
@Boicey I am on 570 and when I reset everything I found mine switched to back the default driving on the right and I could not change to the left. However after I drove the car for a short period it set itself to driving on the left. But of a weird one. Once all these issues have been resolved it will be a great car.
Thanks. Ill ignore it and hope I don't dazzle anyone!
Interesting that I got a pile of freezes and weird behaviours after I tried to click 'drive on left' as if it corrupted software or caused a stack overflow.
Hope I return to stability, it was going pretty well!

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
Mine lost connectivity to the outside world about 7 days ago, and was stuck in offline mode. I disconnected the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnected.

The dash lot up like a Christmas tree, with faults and errors galore as it came back to life. I turned it off and on again a couple of times and the errors were gone.

Since then, not one single issue, it’s been quite an eye opener.

I will obviously go for the updates when they’re ready, but for now I’m happy to know that ‘turning it off and on again’ fixes things. 😂

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
577 Posts
The car not coming out of offline mode can apparently be fixed by removing fuses 19 and 20 for a while then starting the car with only 19 back in - I read about this online and did it a couple of weeks ago, leaving them both out for 30 mins while I had some dinner

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
577 Posts
As for the driving on the left/right, my car is on 0570 and that setting still has a mind of it’s own - it was on “left” today and happy to be changed, but other days it’s stuck on “right”. Apparently the 0783 (2.0) software makes this stable and as intended.

·
Premium Member
8,398 Posts
The car not coming out of offline mode can apparently be fixed by removing fuses 19 and 20 for a while then starting the car with only 19 back in - I read about this online and did it a couple of weeks ago, leaving them both out for 30 mins while I had some dinner
Thanks for that, good to know and I’ll try it should it happen again. 👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts