Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Family Pro Performance is now available on monthly subscription from Onto.

Deliveries are starting mid-October (whilst supplies last).

For those who don’t know, Onto is a subscription service with a 1 month rolling contract and just about everything is included in the subscription fee.

Font Parallel Circle Number Screenshot
Font Parallel Circle Number Electric blue

All cars now come with the key, and 3x RFID cards for free, unlimited (I think) charging with BP Pulse, Instavolt and all chargers covered by the Shell Recharge network (including Osprey, Ionity and Fastned and various others).

Apparently, new subscribers can also use Topcashback to save a little extra when joining (in addition to using a £50 referral code).

I’ve been a customer for about 2.5 years now, and whilst they aren’t always absolutely perfect and have had a few start-up hiccups here and there, by and large they provide a brilliant service for people who for whatever reason are looking for an alternative to either buying an EV or committing to a lengthy lease etc.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The value proposition depends on an individual’s circumstances so it can’t really be compared to a normal lease where every potential customer gets the same thing.

If you would otherwise have high insurance costs (postcode, profession, zero no claims etc) and you have a need to charge a lot at rapid chargers, then it can be pretty good value.

For example, since late January, I’ve 'spent' £750 on the Shell Recharge card, and probably another £1-200 on the Instavolt and BP cards, and my insurance premium would be about £650 a year.

So that there is about £150-200 of value per month.

But, yes, there is obviously a premium for having no lengthy commitment - the same as most things.

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Man i wish you could all resize your images so they arent the size of the moon!!

And come on, that price needs to be in the title of the thread, otherwise you may as well be writing stories for the Sun or DailyMail as clickbait...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts