Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So VW seem to be one of the last manufacturers to reduce their RRP's.

Skoda, Peugeot, Nissan, BMW et al.

A Tesla Model 3 standard Range+ is now £600 cheaper than a bog standard ID.3 Max.

The Tesla comes with Pearlescent paint and Alloys.

The ID.3 in Flat Moonstone Grey, no alloys.

I guess the only difference is you can negotiate on the ID.3, try Carwow etc.

Will VW react?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,595 Posts
With Tesla you pretty much always pay the RRP. Unless ex-demo car or something.

With VW there will be lots of deals or dealer contributions.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
720 Posts
The market seems to be readjusting at the moment. Tesla and Nissan have done some price reductions, ID4 seems quite competitively priced and yet others seem stuck in niche pricing territory and many lease prices seem to have gone up.
My brother is actually trying to get an ID3 on lease but just isn’t seeing any decent offers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The market seems to be readjusting at the moment. Tesla and Nissan have done some price reductions, ID4 seems quite competitively priced and yet others seem stuck in niche pricing territory and many lease prices seem to have gone up.
My brother is actually trying to get an ID3 on lease but just isn’t seeing any decent offers.
I think that VW are currently one of the only manufacturers not to have adjusted pricing yet, although arguably the ID4, may already have had things factored in as it’s only been out a few days.

Hyundai seem to have made some quite dramatic changes on the Kona, some models dropped by thousands

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,472 Posts
The market is still in a bit of turmoil, and you’d be a bit mad to pay list price for an ID.3 anyway IMHO.

So the RRP might be close, but the real world prices will still have quite a gap.

·
Registered
465 Posts
£39k is the drivethedeal price for that spec.

As said, with Tesla the price is the price. At least their PCP finance rates have come down to be competitive.

VW have always discounted. You’ll get £1750 “deposit contribution” on their PCP but dealers will move quite a bit more on top. Drivethedeal just finds the ones willing to go furthest.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Exactly - the RRPs might appear similar, but what you can actually get each one for is very different.

The Max is expensive, so much so that if you’re prepared to lose a seat in the back, the panoramic sunroof and a couple of other bits, for not much more you can get the Tour with a far bigger battery and alloys as standard. That’ll give a range in the same ball park as a M3 LR, for about £10k less.

My Tour, with heat pump and metallic paint, came in - pre Government grant changes - at £36,500

·
Premium Member
11,980 Posts
We are only in start of Q2 so VW UK will be looking at three things - production volume, demand and UK emissions target. They have to balance those three pillars and in particular not create too much demand for ID3 that it could hurt Golf petrol sales. Transitioning sales from ICE to EV sales is actually quite hard and something Tesla don't have to cope with...

Reactions: KenB and cah197
1 - 13 of 13 Posts