Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what navigation base vw are using for this model, e.g. Google maps, tomtom etc. and how it may compare to the superb model 3 or potentially good polestar 2 etc.?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just wondering what navigation base vw are using for this model, e.g. Google maps, tomtom etc. and how it may compare to the superb model 3 or potentially good polestar 2 etc.?
The ID.3 1st will come with the Discover Pro navigation system, which according to my dealer is the top of the range navigation system that Volkswagen offer. I guess if you are interested you could visit a showroom with a Golf 8 and ask to see the navigation system as it should be similar. With Apple Carplay and Android Auto on the ID.3 you can have Google maps or Apple maps etc, something that you cannot do on the superb model 3. Navigation will also be provided in the HUD something else that is not available on the superb model 3.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ID.3 1st will come with the Discover Pro navigation system, which according to my dealer is the top of the range navigation system that Volkswagen offer. I guess if you are interested you could visit a showroom with a Golf 8 and ask to see the navigation system as it should be similar. With Apple Carplay and Android Auto on the ID.3 you can have Google maps or Apple maps etc, something that you cannot do on the superb model 3. Navigation will also be provided in the HUD something else that is not available on the superb model 3.
Thanks.... I like the idea on the Google maps based systems that you can show things like charging stations on your route, and I assume you'd lose that using android auto etc. Thanks for the tip about the golf 8....

·
Registered
719 Posts
Tesla has Google maps built-it and will pre-condition the cars battery for both Tesla Superchargers and 3rd Party Chargers.
I had AppleCar Play in my Volkswagen Golf R, I don't miss it at all now.... like you said....the Model 3 is superb. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Navigation in the Golf was always hit and miss and I preferred to use google maps through android Auto or Apple Car play. So fair to say it will be the same in the ID3 1st, however with no rear speakers, no upgrade options for Beats or inductive phone charging on this model it is not off to a good start. Plus you cannot use Apple Car Play from launch . I will eventually get an ID3 but the base model with stereo and wireless phone charging upgrades.

Just happy I asked for my deposit back shortly after that launch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've ordered the Max here in Norway. Navigation has been a concern for me too. I love google maps and I hope the ID.3 nav will at least approach it in usability because I have been told it is not possible to project carplay/google maps on the ID.3 HUD. Which is kind of defeats much of the purpose of that expensive piece of kit for me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Tesla has Google maps built-it and will pre-condition the cars battery for both Tesla Superchargers and 3rd Party Chargers.
I had AppleCar Play in my Volkswagen Golf R, I don't miss it at all now.... like you said....the Model 3 is superb. ;)
Apparently the ID.3 navigation system will have pre-condition for the car battery for chargers and we can expect it to show traffic. Just check out videos on youtube for the navigation system in the Golf 8 and I expect the ID.3 will be the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts